What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technology Connections video - Old pinball machines are amazingly complex

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
I didn't know what to title this thread. I think it's going to be one of those videos that people will start new threads on for the next year or so :D

It's a phenomenal tutorial video though on EM machines and how they work. It even breaks down how to read the circuit diagrams. And most amazingly, it somehow manages to do this from the perspective of someone who isn't even familiar with a pinball machine. I can only imagine the amount of work that has gone into this. Well worth a watch

Last edited:
Watched this last night as was just about to post. Absolutely worth watching.

It is so well done, relating the physical items to the schematic is something I've not seen someone do before.

I've watched some of this guy's videos before, about seemingly mundane things like why car indicator lights click.😄
I'm only 10mins in and this is brilliant.

A really good explanation of ems. they’re all the same once you know these basic rules. once you understand the schematics that look so complex and i logical suddenly come to life and have meaning. I’d recommend anyone to buy a non working em and get it going. the fixing journey is far more satisfying than the gameplay. so you won’t have it long once fixed. this is a big bonus as i know space is always an issue🤣

This is another useful guide. Mark, the owner is a popular tech guy on Pinside for the EM section.

Back
Top Bottom