What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tales From The Crypt reboot

M. Night Shyamalan = Plopfest.
I'll stick with the HBO show from the late 80's > mid 90's.

No John Kassir = no Tales From The Crypt. :mad:
It's just not the same. Why do they insist on 'rebooting' all this stuff. Couldn't they have just called it something else.

Just saying.

No John Kassir = no Tales From The Crypt. :mad:
It's just not the same. Why do they insist on 'rebooting' all this stuff. Couldn't they have just called it something else.

Just saying.

It's because they couldn't get the license for the crypt keeper puppet.

From what I've read it don't even look like they are using the stories from the comics like the old series (i have every series on DVD and the 3 films)

I still hear the crypt keeper laugh in my dreams (usually when a bill is due for some reason?) so i couldn;t possibly ever own the pin.

Demon Knight was so awesome, i hope they don't p*ss on my memories with some zombie BS.

It's because they couldn't get the license for the crypt keeper puppet.

From what I've read it don't even look like they are using the stories from the comics like the old series (i have every series on DVD and the 3 films)

I've heard the keeper might be back,
lets hope so.

I've also heard that they will use some stories from the original EC comics, but also have original content as well.

I will still probably be a steaming pile of ..... compared to the original series. After all, the original series attracted big names in the movie business to work on it.

I love Tim Curry, he was just so full of life in everything he did. Rocky Horror as Frank N Furter. Muppet Treasure Island as Long John Silver. Plus of course he features in two great pins, Congo and The Shadow

TFT (4).JPG
Death of some salesmen has to be one of the best episodes. Tim curry plays a whole family of inbred hillbillies

Yeah that was a good one, disturbing too. "Oils well" isn't a great episode but as it features a TFTC pin, so it's awesome!
Television Terror, Abra-Cadaver, Mournin' Mess and Split Personality are my favs.

There are some great eps as well as some **** ones. Some of the crap ones are because they didn't just use the tales from the crypt comics they also used vault of horror, haunt of fear and shock and suspense. Tended to be the shock and suspense eps that were crap. I've got a load of the reprinted comics

Anyone here remember 'Tales from the Darkside - The Movie'? This movie seriously messed me up as a kid. The whole film i felt uneasy watching as a ten year old at a friends house but one story in perticular REALLY got to me and made me think my mother was really a being from another world. The story in question was this in part 3 of the movie and starts at 12:39 here:

I wont spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but its a genius story line that has an ending to end all endings. *shivers*

@Rus121 A great film, with some of the stories originally going to be in a proposed Creepshow 3 movie which never happened.

*noone mentions the unofficial Creepshow 3 film released a few years ago as that is pure pants.

I loved the other Creepshows too, but that oil stain in the water that melted people was a joke. haha.

@Rus121 I love that story from Creepshow 2 :)

Regardless of if the new Tales from the Crypt is any good or not, the best thing that has happened to this machine is the new code that was written for it last year. Makes the game so much better to play.

I loved the other Creepshows too, but that oil stain in the water that melted people was a joke. haha.

If you watch the making of Creepshow 2 you can see they were up against it with time and FX but I still liked it.
"Thanks for the ride lady!!"

@Rus121 I love that story from Creepshow 2 :)

Regardless of if the new Tales from the Crypt is any good or not, the best thing that has happened to this machine is the new code that was written for it last year. Makes the game so much better to play.

I liked Tales and would have one again just to try the new code.

Chad H is a whizz at updating Data East/Sega code. Next up a code tweak for Baywatch :)

Back
Top Bottom