What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted TAF Playfield

teachp8

Registered
Anyone wish to sell a NOS or repro playfield for a TAF that they no longer think they'll get round to swapping?

If you have one and would like to sell, please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Good luck Mark.

Is that because I've got more chance of stumbling across some unicorn poo??

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago and after sorting the switches in the swamp out have been playing non stop - I now know why I loved playing this so much when it first came out! A new playfield would be the icing on the cake.

Loving current line up of TAF, TZ and Tron (Cyclone currently stored elsewhere in hopes of not finding divorce papers in the post!) although I'm seriously considering moving Tron on for an AFM. Decisions, decisions....

Don't think they are quite as rare as you'd think. Got hold of one about a year ago through the UK group, so they do come up every so often. (think I had to pay about £800)

Swapping them over wasn't quite as bad as I feared but I had that sinking feeling the first time I turned it back on and nothing worked.... Probably the hardest bit was the pop bumpers. Didn't help that I tried to do it when the kids were away for a couple of days and ran badly out of time so then had to do it in small stages over the next 4 weeks+ which meant I totally forgot where everything went and the bloody cats kept playing with all the wires.

Don't think they are quite as rare as you'd think. Got hold of one about a year ago through the UK group, so they do come up every so often. (think I had to pay about £800)

Swapping them over wasn't quite as bad as I feared but I had that sinking feeling the first time I turned it back on and nothing worked.... Probably the hardest bit was the pop bumpers. Didn't help that I tried to do it when the kids were away for a couple of days and ran badly out of time so then had to do it in small stages over the next 4 weeks+ which meant I totally forgot where everything went and the bloody cats kept playing with all the wires.
John, You said it yourself "got hold of one a year ago". Try and find one now. Last one I saw was for sale on ebay.com for $1200 and that was around six month ago.

I can't say I have seen one since I have been looking in April. Plus every time I hear of a PF swap I have asked the person to sell me their old one, most either already have a plan to use it or want to turn it into art but they don't want to sell it. I have not seen a single one on ebay in any state.

I saw this one for sale not long back went for around £1200. Fully populated and original and mint!

addams famly populated PF.JPG

addams family side pf date.JPG

Regards Dave

£1200, ouch but I guess it would be about right if people are paying £700 for just the playfield, all the parts have to be over £500.
Fitting would be relatively straight forward as I believe the main run had all the same boards so the connectors would be the same (hopefully).
Someone could then strip down their existing playfields and sell those parts to get some of the money back if then desired.
But that is the same cost as an entire pin. Still, I would consider it if I found one. ;)

Same cost as some decent pins - yes
Same cost as a TAF - err only if you were very lucky judging by the two on ebay -one with bids over £2200 already and one sitting there at 3k+
I think you'd be right with the £500+ in new parts.
One day I'd love to find something to do with pinball with a low price (maybe a LED!). Given up trying to explain to my wife why a little piece of plastic has to be imported bit is "worth" £50+. Mind you she got her revenge by referring to the figures on LOTR as my "play people"

Average price of a very good TAF is around £3.5k now and heading North. Even one falling to bits is £2k plus unless you get a good deal. Ebay eat 10% of that money now!

I paid £2100 for mine it was a disaster candidate but spent £350 and 80+ man hours doing it up and just about to spend another £320 for a colour dmd so this won't be leaving for less than £3.5k + and I do not want to sell.

Regards Dave

Back
Top Bottom