What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF Mamushka in French

Pin Muncher

Registered
I’ve recently got all my games out of long time storage and had a couple of issues to resolve on TAF.
Now that its playable again ive realised that the text for the Mamushka is in French, this isn’t surprising as its a French machine but is set to English in the settings.
I only noticed this when watching something on YouTube, anyway do other games display similar language differences as ive got 4 other games that are German and have never seen anything similar. There is no French displayed anywhere else in the game i thought it was just a quirk as Gomez loves a bit of French, so he says.

Attachments

• 225446EB-2520-49EB-A79A-25794E0209BD.png
    225446EB-2520-49EB-A79A-25794E0209BD.png
    160 KB · Views: 15
Some games around that age have the logo of the French distributor, SPD, "Le Dynamisme Francais" appear on the display during the attract mode, if the French jumper pattern is set. Fish Tales and Getaway to my knowledge. Actual French market games had a similar sticker, too, on the translite as I recall.

I'd have expected the reverse, tbh, i.e. something remaining in English when French or German was selected. Doing this on my F-14 had text shown to the player change to German, but a lot of behind the scenes text didn't change from English. Though Pin-Bot and Cyclone, when jumpered for German and 'soft' selected for English, retain the attract mode message (and the instruction mode for the former) in German.

Regarding later games, Theatre of Magic has an adjustment 'German Speech', but selecting it has no effect unless German text is used as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Jay its odd ive owned this machine for nearly 20 years and only just twigged that its wrong, I never play TAF at shows or in the wild if i spot one, so jusy a chance youtube video had a snap of it and i though mines different than that.

Back
Top Bottom