What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T2 issues advice needed please!

Graham Lowe

Registered
Hi all, trying to help a mate with a couple of problems on his T2. He changed batteries recently and after that the trough left switch stopped registering a drained ball. Seems to check ok on a meter, changed diode but no better. I jumpered J206-1 to J208-5 according to the matrix diagram (didn't help that there are 2 versions in the manual!), but still registers as open on single switch test. Presume it should show closed switch when jumpered unless maybe there's a board issue? No obvious battery damage. Then discovered the skull drop target is dropping when a game is started; resetting manually does no good as it drops again when start button pressed. There is a relay next to the reset coil which fires 3 or 4 times when starting a game which I'm sure shouldn't be happeing either. I left him tracing wiring but haven't had any further word. Any suggestions gratefully received! Cheers

Always worth Reseatting the square asic chip. Press it home all the way round the edge with your thumb.

Incidentally Chris, the drop target switch was not actuating when we discovered the fault as the switch blade had got bent down through use, so I straightened it and the switch could then be heard operating, but guess it might still not have been registering. Cheers.

If you’re not getting anything showing on the switch test when you short a row or column to any other column or row then there is definitely a board fault. Test all the combinations with a jumper. That will tell you which rows and or columns are working or not.

Cheers Andy. My mate would be lost attempting this so I'll have to pay him a visit & see what I can find, thanks again for your help.
If you’re not getting anything showing on the switch test when you short a row or column to any other column or row then there is definitely a board fault. Test all the combinations with a jumper. That will tell you which rows and or columns are working or not.

Just an update to this - went over to mate's this afternoon, board checked out fine so traced wiring & finally found a wire off a stand up target that was hidden behind another still attached to the tag it came off. All working now. Thanks for suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom