What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWitch matrix fault ...slam tilt/reset

highjon

Registered
Hi guys. help me out please...
On a Data east Checkpoint there is a switch matrix fault, which allows the machine to boot up, but if the left flipper is pressed it either shows a slam tilt fault or totally resets..
I've had this fault years ago but cant remember which chip was causing it..
Im trying avoid unnecessary de-soldering if I can help it... lol
any ideas
cheers
John

Hi mate
Do these early Data east dmd games have the cab mounted flipper boards?
My bay watch had a similar slam tilt issue and it was a faulty flipper board

They do and I would disconnect the other end of the flipper board and see if the flipper board detects the flipper button presses (flipper board has LEDs on it).

Good thinking... I will have a look at it from that angle. When I had a similar issue years ago it was a bally machine so I hadn't thought about the flipper board yet..
cheers
will let you know how I get on.
Think it may have been a short between the coil voltages and a switch wire that caused it...
John

Any further ideas on this at all... I have swapped the flipper board over for a known good one but still get resets and slam tilts when the left flipper button is pressed. I seem to remember a similar fault years ago on a WPC machine and think I remember it being one of the ICs on the mpu board... but which one I cant figure out...
I am going to have to bury my head in this till I solve it... bugger

Back
Top Bottom