What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Super Shiny Zinc Plated Hex screws

Expired Due to no activity

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Came across a new source for some pinball hardware recently and have some for sale at NLP this weekend.

0.80p for ten of any of the 3 kinds i have.

Type 1 - 1/2" #6 hex head - no slot
Type 2 - 1/2" #8 hex head - no slot
Type 3 - 1/2" #6 cross point wide pan head

All 3 very useful for pinball restorations. I use this type of thing all the time as i can't be bothered trying to clean or tumble the old ones.

First come first served over the weekend if you want any.

Jim

IMG_7064.JPG
IMG_7065.JPG

Bring plenty please. I'll be up for some of these for when I rebuild R&B. I reckon 100 of each should work for me.

It's far easier to buy some of these than for me to **** around polishing the old ones up.

Ok chaps, no problem. I'll have just over 1000 of each for the weekend. :) Hopefully that'll be enough but i can get more later if not and also i can get other sizes to if we think there's other lengths and thicknesses that would be useful.

I stopped trying to clean old nuts , screws and bolts awhile ago now and it makes the restoration of a game so much more enjoyable. Also this new source means i don't need to import them from the USA any longer and that means the cost to everyone can be lower :)

Last edited:
Hi Jim. Are these Metric or Imperial? #6 are usually available with either Metric 5.5mm or Imperial 1/4" (6.35mm) hex heads. From the photo the heads look different sizes on the #6 and #8. Are the #8s 7mm across the flats and the #6s 5.5mm?

Sorry, there always one picky awkward sad old git... :eek:

Hi Jim. Are these Metric or Imperial? #6 are usually available with either Metric 5.5mm or Imperial 1/4" (6.35mm) hex heads. From the photo the heads look different sizes on the #6 and #8. Are the #8s 7mm across the flats and the #6s 5.5mm?

Best thing is to come to my stand and take a look at them. I'm trying to provide solid parts for people as i find things, but best to check if you like them or not first.

Quick update here now i'm back home after setup day. An extra package arrived today so i will have just over 1000 of each for pick up over the NLP weekend. If you replied on this thread please call by during sat or sunday to collect.

Cheers

Jim

Would like some, but not at show. LMK if you have any left post show and will post. Many Thanks

Hi Pete,

I had the same problem - I sourced some of these to save going to the USA for them and they are ALMOST identical except the normal hex drivers I use don't quite fit them. But to be honest if you get the matching drivers for them you couldn't tell the difference. Oh and they were well cheap - happy to share the source if anyone wants to know but don't want to step on Jim's toes !! ;)

Cheers

Kev

I sourced these and brought to NLP to try and offer more useful spares for people and save people time trying to find them themselves or buy blind etc. I guess they aren't an exact match for the 1/4" originals but are as close as i could find without going to the USA.
I do have #6 & #8 slotted 1/4" hex head originals from the USA but anyways, here are the specs for them now i've had time to write it all down:

#6 Hex 1/2 length - 7/32" head or 5.5mm head socket
#8 Hex 1/2 length - 9/32" head or 7mm head socket

Most socket sets have these included with 1/4" sockets.

#6 + Head 1/2 length with washer - Normal + head screwdriver

When they are gone they are gone

Back
Top Bottom