What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Mario pinball

idchappy

Registered
Does anyone have this? i'm thinking about getting it in the distant future ias the kids like the look of it and well, i think it looks a laugh too :redface:.
I've been reading the reviews and they are pretty mixed but seems to score the mid 7's on ipdb, which is alright.

It's not that well liked mate so you'll pick one up for ok money. The thing with ipdb reviews is they're written by people who mainly own the games they review so they're a bit biased. I can get as much enjoyment from gold wings as I probably can on STTNG. Check other review sites such as pinside. Watch YouTube vids and try and find one to play. Kids will love it regardless. Gottlieb also done a little half size SMB machine for the kids. Playfield wear is also going to be pretty much inevitable on a Gottlieb too.

Its not a good machine but like anything you need to play it and make your own mind up.

Do Gottlieb use balsa wood for their playfields? lol.
I know it might not be everyones cup of tea, just have a strange hankering after one :p

Do Gottlieb use balsa wood for their playfields? lol.
I know it might not be everyones cup of tea, just have a strange hankering after one :p

I have a Gottlieb playfield from 1976 if you want one.

Definitely put some games on one before you part with any cash....I quite liked the idea of one of these due to the theme. Then I played one and thought it was sh*t ;)

Seemed really clunky and boring to me, although that may be just Gottliebs of that era in general as I've played Operation Thunder and thought the same about that too...just not my cup of tea 🍵

Definitely put some games on one before you part with any cash....I quite liked the idea of one of these due to the theme. Then I played one and thought it was sh*t ;)

Seemed really clunky and boring to me, although that may be just Gottliebs of that era in general as I've played Operation Thunder and thought the same about that too...just not my cup of tea 🍵

Gottliebs seem to get generally panned from what i've read though, are they all gash?

Gottliebs seem to get generally panned from what i've read though, are they all gash?

Gottlieb where the king of the early EM, They made beautiful bullet proof machines.
They lost the plot in the 80's and never recovered.

Yeah, i figured they must have made money sometime. I guess the good thing about pins these days is they don't seem to lose much value for selling anyway?.
I got my first 6 ball multi-ball on Frankie last night, i was chuffed :whoo:

Back
Top Bottom