What's new

STTNG Drain

Marcel

Site Supporter
Hi Guys,

It took just a day to realise how tough the outlanes can be. I read a thread on here about easing the pain but can't find it now.

What's best trick, is it lane extenders or that right lane post shortening by I think it was pinballmania?
Or is there a better still option?

Sent from the comfort of my Sofa

Bye the way, is it correct the top of lane is bare metal with no rubber on the post below that final screw?

Yeah - like the Beatles ;)

The extenders do help a lot I have them in my TNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys, is there anything else I should order to make use of the shipping fee, looked for a colourDMD but that's crazy way to save on shipping.
And they dontvsell them.

Last edited:
Remove the post on the slingshot that is nearest the tip of the lane divider. Fit a smaller rubber around the slingshot. This hAs two effects. It opens up a funnel to the return lane and removes the post corner that bounces a ball over into the Outlane.

That was the advice I couldn't find thanks.

I thought it said that, but when I looked at that post removal, it looked like the rubber would then span close to if not onto the lamp holder bracket.

You do mean the post underneath the front of the cannon don't you, to the left of the tip of the out lane?

Forgot to add that you reposition the post using a new wood screw on top of the lamp holder.

5099d3123b15b6e0dda0141b491e955a.jpg

And fit a 3-1/2” rubber.

Best solution is the old exstendo lanes...pinball center have them reduced at the moment......here".............
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/p...l-guides-star-trek-the-next-generation?c=2105
Not impressed with the quality now they have arrived. There are too many sharp edges.
Plus, what is with those wobbly edges, did the machinist decide to spark up a cig and take the tea bag out of his cuppa at the same time? 2644170cd2479cf1ca062e02483bfe89.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Neil, sharp edges all round too. Plus both have that overhang lip by the top screw. I'm surprised he posted them. He says post them back but they belong in the dustbin and not worth the postage to Germany to get a refund.7ac48bd1bb376fce2e63b64b241c6da0.jpg

thats why I stopped buying from pinball.center for anything I can get elsewhere. He ships junk.

OK, to be fair to Pinball Centre, I sent him the latest photo and he agreed that it was substandard.

He hadn't noticed my issue on the original pictures.

I requested a replacement right hand part and he has agreed without me shipping anything back.

As for the sharp edges and the little tips overhanging the uppermost point, well I have a grinding wheel and am a decent handyman. I presume most people like to tinker but new parts shouldn't require this unless they're mates rates from the beginning.

All in all, like Neil I'll not use unless I have to.

As for the US set ordered, ill try and cancel and see the outcome of my grinding wheel job.
Shouldn't have to mess about but I'm not going to make a fuss with German pinball centre.

thats why I stopped buying from pinball.center for anything I can get elsewhere. He ships junk.
I bought a Fluorector set from there for TZ, started fitting the one below one of the slingshots, was impossible to fit and still use the standoffs that are there from the factory. Went back in the box and shipped back for a refund...

Sells knock-off Cliffys too which the man was none too happy about when I asked him if they were a legit supplier.

Think some parts you should be safe ordering - e.g. Superbands and other stuff they don't make themselves. Not too sure on the rest.

A mate actually put a band on his, I left stock and learnt to try and play better nudging on mine

Yes it's odd, they shouldn't have shipped them really. Machinist must have been half cooked when cutting them.

And so my replacement "right hand" turned up recently. Gotta say it's unsatisfactory. I didn't tell him, just won't use him again.

It's got scotch marks, sharp edges, a nick out of top corner and a slight protrusion.

Don't fancy my balls getting scratched up by these but they are making great letter openers.998b4be7b39989c03d2d999b6250d793.jpg94a52de5a650644e740f499b33fc92a9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom