What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted street fighter arcade game

Do you mean a dedicated Street Fighter or Street Fighter 2?

If I was you, I would get a nice Candy Cab and get the PCB.

not sure tbh- a chap that delivered my takeaway saw my pins and said he would like to buy the original stand up arcade game from the 80,s?

Street Fighter 1 is 1987, but in my humble opinion is a terrible game. Full of bugs and hard as nails.

Street Fighter 2 is one of the best games ever made! That is early 90s.

Got to be SF2 surely - no-one would want the original! (Didn't that one come in a version with a rubber pad you had to physically hit or something??)

Yeah Street Fighter one is garbage. I remember playing it as a kid and enjoying it but it doesn't hold up at all. It did originally have hit pads instead of buttons and joysticks bit they switched to normal controls as people were hurting themselves walloping it too hard. Played it recently on the Anniversary collection on PS4, it's so poor compared to the sequel which is probably the best game ever made!

As for a SF2 cab. We didn't get dedicated ones over here, the Americans did. Best bet as @JAG555 says is to get a standard Jamma cab and stick a SF2 board in it and change the marquee. If you want an American big blue or dynamo style one there's an American fella on vac who imports for people. I've had a game from him in the past and it was a pretty slick service. 300 quid shipping though

+1 on JAMMA cab with SF2 board. Mate has one with SF2 Alpha (Zero) 2 which is basically the best game ever made. I always end up getting blisters (I believe the official medical term is "chargers thumb") playing it though.

Yeah Street Fighter one is garbage. I remember playing it as a kid and enjoying it but it doesn't hold up at all. It did originally have hit pads instead of buttons and joysticks bit they switched to normal controls as people were hurting themselves walloping it too hard. Played it recently on the Anniversary collection on PS4, it's so poor compared to the sequel which is probably the best game ever made!
That's it - we had one with rubber hit pads in my Uni bar when I was there in 2001, strange choice as it would have been 15 years old at that point and was rubbish to begin with.

Buy a jamma cab off ukvac as mentioned above. Sf2 didn't have a dedicated cab over here....
Basically find a jamma cab that fits whether chip shop special or candy cab and buy a pcb as it's jamma standard... One thing to add is that the games are changeable but the bottom pcb that is basically the motherboard to it all can and do die and afaik there isn't a fix for the bottom pcb... The rest will work fine or can be fixed but the lower pcb is no man's land atm.

- Ben

Arcade 1up junk
Get a solid 6 button twin stick 20 inch jamma cab . Original sf2 pcb £130ish. Lots of variants. Avoid boot legs as they lock up

Back
Top Bottom