What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Street Fighter 2

Ravensheaded

Registered
Hi all

I’m a newbie so hoping I don’t do this incorrectly.

I am looking for a SF2 pin to put in the man cave.

I appreciate this is not everyone’s favourite machine but the nostalgia value for me is a big part of the decision.

I’m based in Mansfield, near Nottingham in the East Midlands.

If I have made any newbie errors please let me know so I can learn and improve.

Thanks

Ed

Hi Ed
Don't have a SF2, but good to see another pinhead in the Mansfield area. Thought I was the only one.

Hi Ed
Don't have a SF2, but good to see another pinhead in the Mansfield area. Thought I was the only one.

Yep, I’m in ravenshead. Finally got space to put a pinball machine so I’ve decided to start with a budget machine and see how I get on. Keeping it going looks a bit daunting but I’m willing to learn the basics. Have you got any pins?

3 Ed.
GOTG, TH BA and FS.
In Forest Town, if you fancy popping round at anytime, drop me a PM
Paul

Cheers Paul - I’m off to Google what all those pins are 😂
It’s well worth taking up the offer of a game or two. I have both GOTG & TH too, they epic pins in my eyes but will leave you with just one problem after playing them!
That is where you gonna get extra money without selling ya grans glass eye and your uncles wooden leg towards something a little more up market lol

I’ve seen some of the prices - they can be eye watering! My background is more retro computer games, so used to some crazy prices, but looking I’m forward to adding a pinball machine.

Flintstones is as fun to play, at a fraction of the cost of the other 2, so spending a fortune isn't necessary to enjoy pinball.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Good luck finding a SF2 :thumbs:

Street Fighter II was my first pin, not so many moons ago!

Great machine and I actually really miss my one!

My advice is try and get one that is fully working. Gottlieb parts are hard to come (except for rubbers and bulbs, which are easy).

Good luck and I think it’s a great choice!

Flintstones is as fun to play, at a fraction of the cost of the other 2, so spending a fortune isn't necessary to enjoy pinball.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Good luck finding a SF2 :thumbs:
I played GOTG in Vegas last year. I spent an hour at a bank of about 8 machines. I think that was the moment that got me back into pinball after a break of 25 years 😆

Attachments

• 133252F8-7C44-4EF7-955D-ADD88D39A9BF.png
    133252F8-7C44-4EF7-955D-ADD88D39A9BF.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 50
Street Fighter II was my first pin, not so many moons ago!

Great machine and I actually really miss my one!

My advice is try and get one that is fully working. Gottlieb parts are hard to come (except for rubbers and bulbs, which are easy).

Good luck and I think it’s a great choice!
Thanks - I appreciate that advice. I’m not the most practical of people so will go for fully working. if parts are rare is it worth keeping an eye out for spares as and when they pop up just in case?

Thanks - I appreciate that advice. I’m not the most practical of people so will go for fully working. if parts are rare is it worth keeping an eye out for spares as and when they pop up just in case?

Yeah, you could do. You can get some parts, but they have to come from the states and the company is so old fashioned, that you have to order via e-mail! Just a complete pain!

Good luck! You want to be paying around £1k - £1,200 for a fully working nice one.

Gottlieb parts are slightly more scarce over here but don't let it put you off. Their games are built like absolute tanks and once working, are usually very reliable. Street Fighter 2 is a guilty pleasure pin for me too lol

I do have one it's out on loan atm so I'll need to check with the bloke first whether he wants to keep it still can't link easily on my phone but I think it was the last one sold on here

Also welcome to the world of no money and space... 😂

- Ben

It was my old one! And I think it was the last one sold on here!

I do have one it's out on loan atm so I'll need to check with the bloke first whether he wants to keep it still can't link easily on my phone but I think it was the last one sold on here

Also welcome to the world of no money and space... 😂

- Ben
That sounds interesting. If you get the chance to check and can provide some up to date pictures I’d be grateful! Thanks

Don't listen to the haters for SF2 mate on other forums and that.
It is a fun game that has a theme everyone knows. It is good to just flip and have fun but also has a clear objective to complete for the better player. An objective that is pretty hard to do, even for top players.

You will notice a bit of a difference from retro games to pinball. I started collecting retro years ago and never spent more than £3 on games. By the end, I was buying 350quid shooters and thought that was crazy. £350 won't buy you a replacement dmd in this hobby 😂

it looks a little too rough for me. Im guessing it would take quite a bit of work (and skill) to get that looking in ‘good’ condition again. It will be interesting to see what it goes for
Still searching. The rough one on eBay went for way more than I expected

Bloody Hell...….£1,600, WOW! I sold mine for £1,200, fully stripped, cleaned, LEDs and new legs.

Ebay prices are always silly!

Back
Top Bottom