What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STORMY WEATHER

Martin has also called off delivery today….. until next week!

The 'news' love it ! A good friend of mine is a producer at Sky News ....I'll have a word ;)

He's interviewing the few nutters that are crazy enough to be out. I'm half tempted to wander down there and chat with him just to get on TV. Could be a laugh. I could drop in some forum suggested words or phrases! Sadly my laziness is preventing me from going through with it. It's a curse sometimes, it really is...

Last edited:
+10 bonus points if you get the word "pinball" in there :D eg things are getting bounced around like a pinball etc etc

take the dog "for a walk" ;)

Speaking of which, please say hello to your good lady and Muttski too from me :)

Stay safe.. :)

There have been some strange noises outside that I can't find the source of, like a metal gutter clanging against the house or two pieces of scaffold hitting. I don't have scaffold and all the metal pipes are looking solid still. Just now there was a few clangs and then a smashing noise and a quick look showed that a large sheet of glass that I recovered from an outhouse has fallen over and smashed. Good news, the annoying clanging has stopped and the shards will now fit in my car to take to the dump.

I will keep you up to date with any of the exciting new that happens from Luton.

Spent 4 hours sat in a train at Wilmslow station yesterday 'cos the roof blew off Crewe station, broke the overhead wires, and set the place on fire. Every Virgin train was cancelled. Eventually got back to Crewe 'cos a diesel came past and took us back, but anyone going to London or to Glasgow were just sat there waiting. Got blown off feet turning a corner at Crewe walking towards my car, into a puddle - lol. Patio furniture all over the garden this morning, no idea where the table cover has gone, plant pots smashed up and a few tiles blown away. On the way to my kids' nursery this morning (2.5 miles away) there were 10 trees blown over - all chopped up and out of the way by local farmers by time we went through mind - and at least three breakages in phone wires where trees came down on them. But meh, it's not that big a problem :)

Come on chaps, it's just a bit of wind at the end of the day :)

I love storms but am lucky enough not to be threatened by one now. Dean, Rudi and Ian I hope you guys all stay safe. And Dean, get out there and head for the cameras. Tell them you want to spread the word about The Slam, and if not then just get the word pinball in there somehow. A dirty look from the wife should be your incentive.

Not a great photo sorry, but this is at the back of where I work. The J-Max building was pretty much destroyed in the storm.

Yes that is a bunch of cars in the middle of the photo underneath all that messIMG_20140213_100505-2 (Medium).jpg

It's really hammering it down here. They only finished the fence today and the concrete posts are 'flexing' the earth is so wet I won't be surprised if it doesn't rip them out the ground :-(

Ha ha. I've strangely seen those before somewhere!! Must have been a spurious google search once upon a time!!!

The GrizZ Shack is still intact , but then I had it built to military spec :cool:

Seriously though ....every morning recently I have looked out the window and been relieved to see the roof still on. Damn ....we need the summer asap !

Spoke too soon :eek: This morning discovered the downpipe at the back had somehow got disconnected and all the water from the roof/guttering was just pouring straight down back corner of the Shack ......result being somehow leaked in at the bottom so some of flooring carpet tiles wet :( No real biggie but slightly annoying.

Oh and next doors fence completely trashed - 7 panels and posts all down. Not on our side thank goodness, though I'm amazed ours still standing. It sure was buckling under the strain last night.

Just been down the seafront - loads of beach huts trashed, collapsed walls and general mayhem etc.

At least your games are all safe Dude. Could have been a lot worse. :eek:

We lost our fence in the end. Smashed into the car too. The good thing about having a **** car is that I don't care when things like that happen to it!! Annoying about the fence though.

Apart from that and the TV aerial we are unscathed really so mustn't grumble. The seafront is a right mess here too. It's really sad to see. :(

Pictures as promised,
Got Mark down this morning to help with the clearing up of the fallen tree.
Really lucky that the tree fell were it did.
tree 001.jpg tree 002.jpg tree 004.jpg tree 003.jpg tree 005.jpg

Just shows how strong the wind got to break that tree in two and it was all good wood , no rot.

Thank goodness it missed the games room.

Crikey. Lucky escape mate. You must've been nervous for a while during that. Glad your games room made it unscathed

Mark with a chainsaw is about as worrying as me with a chain saw. Good work guys and glad no pins were hurt.

Back
Top Bottom