What's new

Storage for Pins and associated bits...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

Looking for suggestions for storage for the short to medium term (3-6 months).. not just for pins but for general possessions also.

Have been looking at some of the usual suspects like safestore etc and would be interested to know peoples experiences and also recommendations on this type of place.

What things are there to look out for, and any clues on places to avoid?

Cheers
Paul

I’d go for a storage place that wasn’t one of the chains if there is one local to you. We have one near us that’s a private family business and the service is superb.

The other alternative is a moving company that does storage also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have experience of two "chain" places with no probs at all - kinda does what it says on the tin, secure, dry (but chilly!) storage.

My Astyy top tips are:-
Cost obviously but check hidden extras such as their own insurance
Convenience of access, opening times and procedure. One I used was a right faff, had to park/sign in at the front, open the loading bay at back, drive round to loading bay... The modern Ready Steady Store was the best it was gated and all PIN code driven straight through the loading bay with extended access hours
Some are used as depots for Next, Thomson directory etc and the place can be packed at times with Couriers
Don't visit too often, strange people roam the corridors:rolleyes:

So all down to cost and convenience, what you're storing and how often you need access to it:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom