What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticking Flipper - Solved

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Hi Guys.

My Walking Dead has started to have a sticky right flipper. Flipper sticks up after a few plays. It isn’t locked solid. If I turn the power off the flipper drops so it certainly appears to be electrical.
Where is a good place to start looking ? Leaky transistor ? Failing diode ?

Hi andy,
Start with the simple stuff first dude...
1). Flipper switch contacts are they dirty has the gap decreased between the leafs?
2). Clean the flipper mech has that got a bit grubby.....
3). Clean and check condition of coil sleeve and coil connections. Inc. diodes
4). Check coil plunger is clean and moving freely etc....
Then check transistors.......

Howdy Keith.

The flippers are mechanically sound mate. They were rebuilt about six months ago so probably had a couple of hundred plays max since then.

Because the flipper falls when I switch the power off I am leaning heavily towards it being an electrical fault. I will have to get the test meter out and compare the readings across the coils, diodes and transistors of the two flippers.

They are mosfets so meter readings may not tell you much.As said check switch contacts.If ok u could always shotgun it and change the mosfey,THINK irl540 are fine

Sorted it. Sometime in the games past it has had some really ****ty soldering done on the power board. I cleaned it all up, replaced the Mosfet and diode while I had it out and all is good again.

Back
Top Bottom