What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Star Wars

The strongest draw I could see in UK arcades if there was a pinball ticket redemption machine with a big license. Likely being a ticket game it wouldn't be much cop rules-wise for the rest of us but I think that thin end of the wedge would help in the long run.

The fact remains that pinball has some appeal because it is a physical creation and is a game that exists with real objects - hence why toys are so important to pinball - while I don't think it'll ever reach the old popularity because arcades don't have their popularity, I don't think it'll ever vanish for good. In fact I'd say that pinball's already seen its absolute lowest point and the only way is up from here.

Funny you mention redemption pinball.
The arcade I visit (about once a month, it's about 45 minutes drive) to play pinball used to have redemption ticket dispensers on their pins which dispensed tickets until recently, the pin still shouts out 'TICKET' fairly regularly but no longer dispenses tickets. the dispensers were on Avengers hulk and Xmen wolverine. Hulk has been removed and replaced with woz a few years back, they have now added a Hobbit, none of the new machines got ticket dispensers.

Bit of a shame as i used to get a load of sweets for the drive home

HP from JJP is my pinball fantasy. I'd be worried Stern would hash it. licensing issues I believe. Someone needs to heavily smooze JK

someone suggested a Lego pin on pinside. I thought that's a good idea but watch out for blocky artwork (GROAN)

HP from JJP is my pinball fantasy. I'd be worried Stern would hash it. licensing issues I believe. Someone needs to heavily smooze JK

someone suggested a Lego pin on pinside. I thought that's a good idea but watch out for blocky artwork (GROAN)
Now that would be a hell of a table to see... so much good source material for mode/toy ideas it's ridiculous!

I will be buying one thats for sure, is this going to be one of next years release ?

Anyone going to Electrocoin open day tomorrow?
I believe Gary Stern will be there, then this teaser:
IMG_0507.JPG

Looking at the play field and being a big Star Wars fan, I thought (through various documentaries I've seen over the years) that one of the only thing never to be aloud in the Star Wars universe is the colour Pink! The play field has pink. Weird.

I often go but work commitments this time. Well recommended as they have a nice bbq and bar as well. Played a lot of games on their first showing in Europe ganes including BTTF JP LAH etc etc. I still have the one off promo poster for BTTF signed by Gary S

in the bosses office they have a framed certificate from Stern for selling 1000 LW3 machines. completely different world!

doesn't hurt to hype it up (and AS!) in front of watching ops. every little helps!

Last edited:
Jesus that's about 2 miles from my flat ..... but I'm out in The Netherlands for work and will miss it

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170606_45c5a2aaa05b57c1d00ef004a0dd7dac.jpg

Crap. And just found out I'm losing my job as well. Double crap.

Back
Top Bottom