What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern flipper dies mid game

Punk Stig

Registered
I have little info on this, occured once or twice and rarely but has now happened more frequently-

Stern star trek, mid game flippers don't (fail to) flip, hit the buttons repeatedly- nothing, ball drains, next ball comes into shooter lane and they work fine again, will be consistently good for 20 games or more then randomly fail to flip again.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’d check the trough to start with.

Then check all the switches and cabling including the coin door switch and tilt Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isn’t this the classic fake ball drain that Sterns do? Reseat the connectors on the ball trough and see if that solves it.

Going by the comments just to add- the ball doesn't end until the ball physically drains, as in the ball end screen/ bonus count doesn't occur mid ball- that only happens once the ball drains!

It’s pretty common on new Sterns. Whip the connectors off the opto boards and plug them back in and it Should stop it. My very limited understanding is it’s a dirty/oxidised connection type thing....

Reseated connectors, cleaned optos, couple of games played fine, will see how it goes, happens again I'll replace the trough opto

Back
Top Bottom