What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars actor and proper legend gone.

Skippy

Registered
Really sad to read about the passing of Dave Prowse, best known for playing Lord Darth Vader, and the green cross code man (yes i am old enough to remember that too). I met him a few times, and he was always pleasant to me, a real comicon regular. Here he is signing my DE SW backglass, RIP Sir, thanks for the memories.IMG_0240.JPG

Yes, I remember the 1975 ad campaign well -Green Cross Code. We also had the Tufty Club 😃
I was 4 and just started going to Primary.
Stop, look and listen. I’m sure this saved many kids lives.
RIP fella.

Yes, I remember the 1975 ad campaign well -Green Cross Code. We also had the Tufty Club 😃
I was 4 and just started going to Primary.
Stop, look and listen. I’m sure this saved many kids lives.
RIP fella.

I was lucky enough to meet Dave a few times. My sister was the girl in the Green Ctoss Code advert linked below.

I remember once going to a department store in Ilford where Prowse was dressed up in the full Darth Vader costume. I was about 4 or 5 and as I waited in line I was struck by how massive and sinister he was.

As it got to my turn and I stood in front of him I started to shake and cry with fear. He knelt down, ruffled my hair, told me that he was just pretending and gave me an x-wing fighter.

I always liked Darth Vader after that.

My sister @wrighty311 in the orange top being told how to cross the road by Darth Vader aka the Jolly Green Giant Dave Prowse

😍 https://t.co/c03tGx9JXW

I was lucky enough to meet Dave a few times. My sister was the girl in the Green Ctoss Code advert linked below.

I remember once going to a department store in Ilford where Prowse was dressed up in the full Darth Vader costume. I was about 4 or 5 and as I waited in line I was struck by how massive and sinister he was.

As it got to my turn and I stood in front of him I started to shake and cry with fear. He knelt down, ruffled my hair, told me that he was just pretending and gave me an x-wing fighter.

I always liked Darth Vader after that.

My sister @wrighty311 in the orange top being told how to cross the road by Darth Vader aka the Jolly Green Giant Dave Prowse

😍 https://t.co/c03tGx9JXW
Cool......that will be your big sister then?
I remember watching Space 1999 straight afterwards.
Not sure what happened to Moon-base Alpha though, did they not finish it? 🤷‍♂️😂

RIP - but is it a coincidence that he hasn't been well since Stern launched Star Wars?

Last edited by a moderator:
he came to my primary school in romford to promote the green cross code as well,and he made a personal apperance in debenhams to sign/hand out autographs

He came to my school as the Green Cross Code man back in the day. What an absolute legend. He was supposed to do a book signing in my local Waterstones a few years back but apparently they fell out over selling merchandise or something.

I went to Dave Prowse last signature signing... in a village hall - on 12.10.2017

It was after the Stern SW came out, as I got my Pro & Prem Translites signed by him.
Real nice guy
CCBF0B0C-1424-40AF-A352-A7756A2BA98A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom