What's new

Sold Star Trek Nxt Gen £2295 ( open to trades )

dude, you may need to post a link at least

slowly slowly the price of STTNGs is climbing towards the price i paid for mine 3 years ago. not sure they reached 2295 yet though but good luck anyway

Have sent to a friend that _Might_ be interested. Pics would be a must tho, along with location :)

cheers
Paul

(cooldan) there's been I think 5 in the last few months which before that I've not seen one in prob a year or so,I think I've still got them saved on my eBay.They went from £1800-£2540,the cheaper ones had rubbish pics and just in decent shape,the more expensive,good pics and nice shape.Mine is a lot nicer than all of them,has new set backbox decals,signed translite etc,so I don't think it's overpriced at all.

I'll get a link sorted,and put plenty pics up today when I get a minute,thanks
(btw I'm up in Gateshead)

thats the one Phil,cheers!!!

heres a few more pics aswell,

Okay maybe not,they seemed to upload but just not showing?

Last edited:
I agree, the price is not bad at all if it is in 100% original, working order.

I'm sure the colorDMD for this machine helped a lot in interest value. T'was the first pin i ever bought and have fond memories of a massive goosebump attack the first time i got to fight the borg. Great machine.

(cooldan) there's been I think 5 in the last few months which before that I've not seen one in prob a year or so,I think I've still got them saved on my eBay.They went from £1800-£2540,the cheaper ones had rubbish pics and just in decent shape,the more expensive,good pics and nice shape.Mine is a lot nicer than all of them,has new set backbox decals,signed translite etc,so I don't think it's overpriced at all.(btw I'm up in Gateshead)

i didn't mean to claim it was overpriced, i'd not even seen it: there are super duper mega extreme-mint examples of any game that blow the price bracket out of the water, probably even a gorgeous spanky new-looking Gilligans or XFiles that's worth £2295 somewhere :) - now i've seen yours, i agree that it looks lovely, i especially like the Borg ship adaptation. i suppose the market seems to suggest that STTNG is now a game that is often north of 2K, though there are still plenty of examples to be had for a lot less than that - i'm sure you get what you pay for in most cases.

anyway, didn't mean to diss your game. i love it, that's why it was my first ever game, the one i'd wanted for over 10 years. i just paid way too much for it. i've long thought it very surprising that STTNG prices languished so far below other games with the same reputation - it's #12 on pinside but #2 on the ipdb list. i consider it a fine machine that should belong somewhere between those numbers, and wouldn't be in the least surprised if prices take the inevitable upwards journey towards the £3K mark. there's hardly anything in the top 20 of either list that's under two grand now. sigh.

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100
http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star-trek-the-next-generation/ratings

http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=top300
http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/star-trek-the-next-generation/ratings

Yup, there has been a rapid price correction on the STTNG in the last 6-8 months, by correction I mean value vs ratings as compared to other titles with a similar rating, I always thought that the STTNG was the best bang for the buck considering its rating, I think the theme possibly held back the price back but it seems that people are now seeing beyond and are basing the market value on gameplay, gone are the days of nice STTNG's for £1200 which was pretty recently (seemed to be the going rate for a decent one for years), they are now a 2k ballpark game with nicer ones hitting 2.5k and average ones upward of £1600, be warned, these things are number one for inducing a hernia and fits of gurning when moved.

Last edited:
Think the recent price correction is creating a STTNG heave ho frenzy, they are up on ebay thick and fast, be interesting to see if the flood will drop the prices, the housing market has also apparently just turned a corner and the green light is on for those who were sitting on the fence, I wonder if this will also have a detrimental effect on pinball prices and other investment avenues used during the crash such as classic cars etc, no doubt that some collectors who previously invested in property saw pinball as an alternative during the lean years, if this is the case not only will pin prices come down but the availability will increase temporarily as collectors unload their machines to capitalise on the upsurge in property, I know of one collector up in Scotland who unloaded his collection some months back to invest in property, maybe others will follow suit, just food for thought ;)

Last edited:
Still a sub 2K pin IMHO, if it is minty fresh then that would perhaps be an exception.

Now open to any trade offers on this machine,straight trade or lesser machine plus cash.
Thanks

Sorry had a few offers of 2k,going off the last one that went for £1950 makes this one well worth the money,I'll just hold out

No problem, but cash waiting and van running if you change your mind :)

Wow, don't think I have ever seen such a steady unbroken stream of STTNG's made available on ebay, looks like it is going to continue as the new benchmark value takes hold and owners cash in on the wave.

If you seen this then you'd prob agree that it's in a different league to these other eBay ones.

£2195 new backbox decals,signed translite,spare main ramp,no nasty surprises etc

Back
Top Bottom