What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stand Up Target Adjustment

Wiredworm

Registered
Well, Rocky & Bullwinkle is almost back in one piece, save for a few bit of finessing. I've managed to fix a few issues for myself but there is a final issue which is really giving me some grief.

I have two Stand Up Targets which are registering as being always on when I go into the test menu. I've dropped one of them out of the playfield and sure enough when I do that the associated warning goes away.

So, i'm presuming the switch on the target needs adjusting. It's actually not something i've done before so has anyone on here got any hints, tips, guides or comments on how to do this?

Just gently bend the rear leaf switch contact away so they're not constantly touching and put it back in. A bit of trial and error perhaps before you get it bang on.

Another method which may be effective is to 'adjust' the angle of the switch bracket, so that the edge of the playfield isn't pushing on the target assembly. At the risk of causing air-balls, but not requiring adjustment of the contact blades.

Thanks. I was finding it a nightmare using needle nosed pliers to make adjustments so i've grabbed the proper tool.

I'll have another crack once that arrives.

As the target plastic is being nipped forward a little I presume the rear leaf needs bending back a little.

I had to do innumerate stand up targets on my banzai run. My suggestions.

1 throw away the old target foam
2 clean the contacts with ipa, remove old foam residue with it
3 make sure the support bracket has not been bent backwards by the ball striking it. If it has you get air balls that break plastics. Straighten with pliers.
4 new target foam
5 use a leaf spring adjuster. There are two models sold by the Pinball suppliers.

The leaf adjuster turned up from Pinballmania this morning.

Used it to sort out the errant targets - it was a doddle to do. So much easier than trying to faff around with needle nose pliers. Didn't even have to remove the target from the playfield.

All sorted now. I fired it up and although I can't play a proper game because i'm still missing a ramp diverter it plays really really fast. It's also much easier to make the ramp shots now the flippers have had a full rebuild.

I'm going to really enjoy getting back to playing this once it's finally done (hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks).

Thanks for the tips to everyone who chipped in.

Back
Top Bottom