What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spirit Leaving the UK

CliveP

Registered
I see on Pinside that a Gottlieb Spirit sold from the UK and will be heading for the US.
Apparently didn't take very long to sell either.

I don't think it was offered locally.

Anyone know who's it was? There are very few in the UK

I thought that this was a post about Theresa May's performance in the Brexit negotiations. Teflon Theresa needs to be superglued to a chair and given the opportunity to watch some Maggie Thatcher videos

As for Spirit Pinball, the USA market puts a much higher price on these early sold state games than the UK one does. I think partly due to US taste and partly due to the decline in the £. You occasionally get one of these top Gottlieb's up for sale in the UK - Black Hole, Haunted House, Spirit ... but they are much rarer than Williams and Bally titles from this era, spares look trickier to find, and there aren't many UK geeks that are interested in buying them

I have centaur, flash gordon, fathom, paragon - but even I would not risk buying a gottlieb

I see on Pinside that a Gottlieb Spirit sold from the UK and will be heading for the US.
Apparently didn't take very long to sell either.

I don't think it was offered locally.

Anyone know who's it was? There are very few in the UK
Hi Clive.
Yes as Shaun has already said it was Poibugs. I did try to contact you via your email to see if you might have been interested but it jept bouncing back so thi k you've changed your email, as it was a fully working one and pretty nice. Thought you might want to sell on the one I am storing for you for Poibugs one but to late now.
Hope your are doing well buddy. And don' worry your Spirit is safe and sound in storage.
D.

Thought that importing from the UK into the US was a practice all but abandoned due to costs. Strange turn of events...

Last edited:
Spirit's are highly sort after in the States. I said that to poibug when he asked me where the best place to sell it was... :thumbs:

Glad to hear that Clive's machine is being well looked after. :cool:

Clive there is a lot of Spirit's in Europe, especially in France if you're looking for another.

Back
Top Bottom