What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spinal Tap upgraded and price lowered by $2000!

Gary Flower

Site Supporter
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-none-more-black-edition-0-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition​

save 14%

Product ID :19570-0001
Price : 7211.62 USD (Change Currency)
RRP: 8414.05 USD
(less discount 1202.43 USD)
Availability :6-8 weeks

_.gif

_.gif_.gif

About This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition​

This is Spinal Tap Pinball - None More Black Edition is an updated version of the fully licensed pinball is based on the 1984 Movie, “This is Spinal Tap” a mockumentary about the failing fictitious rock and roll group, Spinal Tap, and their attempts to get back on top of the charts.

The "None More Black Edition" offer the following upgrades to the standard version machine

• new playfield artwork
  • introduction of 3rd flipper
  • new software upgrades
  • upgraded internal components including power board
  • animated topper included

This special release of the more featured and improved machine is now $2,000 lower than the standard machine.

About Spinal Tap
Spinal Tap is one of the most successful British metal bands of all time, they embark on their biggest tour in the US to promote their new album ‘Smell The Glove’. The tour is so big that it attracted the attention of filmmaker Marti DeBergi, who decided to make a movie out them. What he ended up with was something quite unexpected: nothing short of the typical ‘rockumentary’—shocking, wild, funny, and totally memorable.

About the Pinball
This is Spinal Tap Pinball - None More Black Edition is designed and manufacted by Homepin and recreates many of the features in the movie. With all stainless steel ramps, quick release metal locking bar, stunning graphics (designed by Jeff Busch) and with full 27inch LCD backglass with separate DMD, Spinal Tap will add cut vision of movie clips including their greatest song hits.

This is Spinal Tap Pinball - None More Black Edition is distributed by Highway Games.

Unit Dimensions :74.0W x 140.0D x 192.0H cmsCondition :New
Shipping Weight :397.824 kgVoltage :110 - 240 Volts
Product Type :Pinball MachinesVersion Type :English Version

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition Specifications / Features​

Features:
  • 27 Inch backglass LCD monitor
  • Traditional DMD display
  • Stainless steel ramps
  • Quick-release steel metal lockdown bar
  • Original Spinal Tap soundtracks
  • Cut video scenes from the original movie
  • Replica models of famous TAP guitars
  • Exploding drummer feature
  • Lifetime PCB support

The None More Black Edition includes:-
  • 3rd flipper on playfield
  • Updated Firmware
  • Upgraded Parts
  • free animated topper

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - Reference Images​

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - This Is Spinal Tap Pinball
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82074-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - This is Spinal Tap Pinball Playfield
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82075-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - This is Spinal Tap Pinball Playfield Top
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82076-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - This is Spinal Tap Pinball Playfield Bottom
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82077-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - Derek's Double Bass Guitar
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82078-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - Exploding Drums
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82079-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - Workinng Coccoon
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82080-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - Spinal Tap Devil Skull Topper
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82081-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - Spinal Tap Devil Skull Topper 2
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82082-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - New Artwork on spinners
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82083-19570-1.jpg

This is Spinal Tap Pinball Machine - None More Black Edition - 3rd Flipper
this-is-spinal-tap-pinball-machine-no-more-black-edition-82084-19570-1.jpg

That seems like a kick in the nuts to anyone who bought an original one.

Without seeing it, how do you just stick an extra flipper in a game?
That what I was thinking, but who on earth bought it

Poor David!

Kick in the nuts for the importers

But you expect this from Homepin.

Was overpriced to start off.
Homepin based upon stuff I have read from themselves I'm not surprised. To be fair It's always tricky if you launch a product and I'm assuming it's not selling l, based upon the community reaction to it, you have to try and get your money back some how.

Last edited:
Homepin based upon stuff I have read from themselves I'm not surprised. To be fair It's always tricky if you launch a product and I'm assuming it's not selling l, based upon the community reaction to it, you have to try and get your money back some how.
Well. Just glad Pinball Heaven knocked them on the head after the thunderbirds episode.

I think I made this joke before when it was launched.
But still is 100% true.....

Quite amazed that the boss of Homepin has not been online here to bellow out how 'we are lucky to be getting any in the UK'... Very strange a game gets additional things added and the price comes down by a fair chunk.

If this was £4.5K I think it would actually sell alot. But not when it is priced the same as a USA made item.

I still haven't seen any good, recent footage of the Spinal Tap table yet where you can hear the game properly. Anyone?

I wonder if this will catch on at stern??? Release the PRO games first. A few months later, bring out the LE for £2K cheaper with a load more on it.
Sounds like a sound business plan, will definitely catch on, The true LE is the one that only sold 10 units which is actually the standard, so technically a true LE, we could get some one on here to design a standard edition numbered plaque for spinal and guns and roses standard edition, I think I'm currently borrowing perhaps the only standard guns in the UK, ultra rare edition. I'm guessing spinal tap standard is also a ultra rare edition 1 of 1 sold. Please can the plaque be gold plated and have embossed letters?

This is Spinal Tap Pinball - None More Black Edition is distributed by Highway Games.

I haven’t been following this especially closely but the distributor has thrown me. Is this Andy of Full Throttle/Alien? Or is some else using a very similar name?

Also has anyone actually played Spinal Tap? How does it compare to say the early 2000 Sterns such as AP or 24?

Also has anyone actually played Spinal Tap? How does it compare to say the early 2000 Sterns such as AP or 24?
Many of us have played Spinal Tap. The original two-flipper version was at Pinfest last year. The designer/manufacturer can be spicy on the forums here, so we all remain locked in a conspiracy of silence.

I did review it on Pinside though (as I do with all pins I play enough to form an opinion)...

Yes we did at the show. I appeared to be on virtually no code thought. That said, it didn't play at all well from a layout perspective. I think this is possibly why some changes have been made. So, no one has played the updated version so who knows.
I still toy with getting a TB, ripping out the guts and that centre ramp and redoing it.

I never understand why any manufacturer releases stuff with really really basic code. First impressions are so important. It’s just shooting yourself in the foot of people are utterly underwhelmed.

I never understand why any manufacturer releases stuff with really really basic code. First impressions are so important. It’s just shooting yourself in the foot of people are utterly underwhelmed.
$$$$$, full code takes time and money, they want the game out and sold then slowly add to the code whilst working on the next game.

How did that work out for them? 😉

Poor code = poor sales = ignored machines.

Think how many more Walking Dead’s they would have sold if it had had with the revamped code rather than the limp initial version.

Tweaks and improvements are one thing but if someone’s first impressions are really poor I don’t think there’s any coming back from that.

I guess the answer is "Because they can" and that it doesn't really have much if any effect on sales (otherwise they'd stop doing it). And the reason that they can is that they don't really have any serious competition. It's like ebay regularly imposing new junk-fees, Amazon making any product search return pages of 'sponsored' adverts rather than what you actually searched for, etc, etc. When there's no effective competition, the consumer accepts a crap deal :rolleyes:

How did that work out for them? 😉

Poor code = poor sales = ignored machines.

Think how many more Walking Dead’s they would have sold if it had had with the revamped code rather than the limp initial version.

Tweaks and improvements are one thing but if someone’s first impressions are really poor I don’t think there’s any coming back from that.
Worlds biggest pinball company dripping in cash, I’d say it’s worked out pretty well for them :)

Badly wanted ST to be good; bit of a dream theme for me, but playing at the trade show (especially with no sound on) it was pretty bad:-(
As others have said, code seemed pretty non existent and felt pretty clunky to play.
Wouldn't mind the opportunity to try our this upgraded version+with the sound on, but even then I think say the price of a used Stern Pro would feel overpriced.
If there's one going for bargain basement price say next year, I'd consider it, at the risk of feeling huge regret.

Hi all, The 'updates' and 'cheaper price' touted by one of our agents is a bit misleading.

Yes, we have added a third flipper that does make the inner ramp SLIGHTLY easier to make but I have no trouble making that ramp from the right flipper. The cheaper price is reflective of what that agent was choosing to sell the machine for originally in their country and does not represent a change in the Homepin 'out the door' factory price.

The biggest issue we had, like EVERY manufacturer, is software. The game originally shipped with game rules that were incredibly tight and it was hard to achieve features. This meant that almost no casual players ever saw the games features, exploding drummer, trapped in the pod elevator, backstage video game and more. We have simplified the rules and made it much easier to achieve these features so that adds some interest to game play.

The music is excellent and it's sad that many have not been able to hear it well in a busy situation. Also, all of the callouts are all recorded by the four main original actors.

I feel the game is much better to play now with easier code. The third flipper, not much difference really but the code for sure.

Ah that explains it now, everyone who played it was a "casual player" and terrible at pinball. pinfest does only attract casual players I know many people who thought this and stayed at home, some of there wife's, girlfriends and kids did go and had a great time, saving themselves for Neil's comp which was only a couple of weeks away.

Back
Top Bottom