What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spiderman LED question

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Hey people.

Can anybody recommend some decent #44 bayonet yellow LEDs to go into the back panel of Spiderman ? Most yellow LEDs are crap. I need three frosted ones and they need to be quite slimline otherwise they won’t fit into the holes in the panel ?

Hi andy,
Do you mean the sandman mode lamps or the back board leds above those?......
These for sandman in yellow...
IMG_3132.JPG
And these for the top of the back board...I did blue venom side and yellow sandman side.........
IMG_3131.JPG

Last edited:
I did this recently (a month back) if I think on I'll get one out and photo it, they look great. I may have used a yellow/orange actually.

Feel free to pop over and check it out with LED-OCD too.

Hi andy,
Do you mean the sandman mode lamps or the back board leds above those?......
These for sandman in yellow...
View attachment 65354
And these for the top of the back board...I did blue venom side and yellow sandman side.........
View attachment 65353
Howdy Keith.
Yes it is for the Sandman mode lamps. Are the Comet LEDs available over here ? I only need those three.

I did this recently (a month back) if I think on I'll get one out and photo it, they look great. I may have used a yellow/orange actually.

Feel free to pop over and check it out with LED-OCD too.
Howdy Spadge. My game is already fully LED with an LEDOCD board except for those three bulbs.

I’ve got 3 comet orange on the right side, I wasn’t 100% happy with yellows. They are a tight fit but are ok.

I may have a few spare but then you may want to match whatever you’ve got in on the left?

C55CBEC7-D354-4CF6-9730-1F553CE7C87C.jpeg

Attachments

• AF5C5C52-7ED4-4596-A37E-B8AE20440E70.MOV
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I’m using the Comet 2SMD frosted Yellow in those inserts.

Yellows are usually cack, but they work perfectly on those backboard 3inserts.

Don’t think I have any spares, because I wouldn’t buy many Yellow’s for the reasons above, but let me check.

EDIT: checked, only have 1 bayoneted Yellow, sorry. Few spare yellow wedges though.

Also finally changed the LOTR ‘ring’ bulbs over to LED, used same as above but in amber and they look great!

Last edited:
I’ve painted incandescent bulbs before but never LEDs. Do they come out ok ?
To be honest ive never painted leds either.but if it works on normal lamps i cant see why it wouldnt on these.cheap to find out anyway.Ive had machines since i was at school and really im not a fan of led upgrades.they just look naf at side of incandecent lamps.my opinion.machines look far better left alone with lamps they were designed with.

To be honest ive never painted leds either.but if it works on normal lamps i cant see why it wouldnt on these.cheap to find out anyway.Ive had machines since i was at school and really im not a fan of led upgrades.they just look naf at side of incandecent lamps.my opinion.machines look far better left alone with lamps they were designed with.

It's subjective of course but I'd suggest they would have used Leds had they been available, as they do now. Bulbs have a 'character' about them in that they warm up as such - which is what Led-OCD boards simulate and it looks great, but with control over the brightness. SM is a relatively dark table imho.

Depends. Newer machines look vibrant and better with LEDs. It all depends on how well it has been done.

Back
Top Bottom