What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space themed older title recommendations

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Thinking out loud here really and not exactly thread worthy so my apologies. In the future I quite fancy an older game, not an em or anything but certainly an older solid state game. I quite fancy a space theme of some kind so I'm thinking Meteor, Space Shuttle, Black Hole or the like. Anyone have any recommendations with this in mind? It's Pinball well before my era but I dunno man, some cool looking games that take my fancy. Cheers all

Hi andy,
Flight2000 is in my humble opinion (apart from the obvious space shuttle and black hole which are comparably easier to find...note comparably) is a great older space themed game. Quite deep rules for the time, and great fun......but space shuttle and black hole(try getting the multiball on black hole ...it's almost impossible! Then when you do it drains before you even have a flip! Gggggrrrrr!) will hold your interest for longer. :thumbs:
System 11's more so again...depends how old you want to go?......

Last edited:
Interesting thanks Keith, not a game I'm really familiar with. I've just discovered Space Station which looks so cool and although not Space themed F-14 looks superb. Either way might try my luck with a system 11 or similar age game before too long

Stellar Wars
Andromeda
Galaxy
Star Trek - Bally
Lost in Space
Space Invader
Close Encounters of the third kind
Alien Star
Apollo 13
Asteroid Annie and the Aliens
Blackout
Firepower
Independence day
Laser Ball
Outerspace
Solar Ride
etc.

Search "Space" on IPDB.org

Tons to go at!

All things up, imho Space Station is the standout candidate, if you can get one with a decent PF. System 11 awesomeness with superb sounds and light show.

Defender is a cracking early 80s Williams, but seriously rare and quite expensive.

Bally Transporter is a real nostalgia fest too. A late 80s Bally but again, seriously rare.

Good value and a real guilty pleasure is Williams Blackout. About 1980 and an absolute blast to play, but simple. Awesome sound and a really evocative game. Probably the cheapest of the 4 games I have mentioned .

What sort of prices would I be looking at for say, Space Shuttle, Flight2000 or Xenon? Assuming half decent condition etc

Would love a Pinbot again.... such a cool game [emoji3] Where are they all!?! Never see them for sale anymore

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Same - classic. Love the audio. Can play it for hours on Pinball Arcade... the damned Sun still eludes me.

There was a guy on Pinside selling a customised playfield - he’d drawn the planets in much more detail over each insert, looked excellent.

Stellar Wars
Andromeda
Galaxy
Star Trek - Bally
Lost in Space
Space Invader
Close Encounters of the third kind
Alien Star
Apollo 13
Asteroid Annie and the Aliens
Blackout
Firepower
Independence day
Laser Ball
Outerspace
Solar Ride
etc.

Search "Space" on IPDB.org

Tons to go at!
You could get all of these with your budget Andy ;).
Turn the living rooms into a space room

Firepower is the obvious choice, plenty about, usually cheap and a great game to play.

Back
Top Bottom