What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

South West Tournament - Swanage - Sun 3rd March 24

Gonna attempt to pop down for this one, though looks like closest I can get on public transport is Wareham so will have to figure something out for the last few miles!!

Wareham s right on the way through by car so if you let people know here what time your train comes in I'm sure someone could pick you up on way through.

Superb day of pinball, congrats to the winners, with thanks to Greg and Fiona for hosting and looking after us all.

Results are as follows:
1,Joshua Iles
2,Rich Mallett
3,Peter Blakemore
4,Dan Prachar
5,Martyn Iles
6,Greg Mott
7,Mark Slade
8,Tate Young
8,Luke Grayson
10,Thomas Evrenos
11,Alan Griffin
12,Nick Baxter-Sibley
13,Daniel O'Neill
13,Sean Cain
15,James Downey
15,Lewis McNamee
17,Simon Love
18,Charlie Arnold
19,Zed Fury
20,Martin Borrill

Last edited:
Great fun day! Many thanks to Greg and Fiona for hosting.

Things were pretty close at the top most of the day. Josh nailed top spot throughout with Pete close second and Rich tucking into third.
I started well and faded slightly, with a poor penultimate round that left Dan close behind - fate paired us in the final round with Dan finishing one place ahead to leave us tied in fourth after Luke decided he was going to try to stop us both making the final ;)
This opened the door for Greg to join us in a three way playoff for fourth, but that meant winning his final game on Guardians, and Josh did his dad a favour, but putting up a big score to cement his first place finish.

Dan and I moved onto a two ball playoff on Bond. Just as well, as ball one left neither of us scoring much, with Dan’s extra ball collection the difference. I finally managed to get something going on the second ball, managing to make it through modes stacked with multi balls to finish up with 280M, leaving Dan chasing what I felt was a pretty decent score. After an epic comeback, Dan drained on 240M, with no-one quite sure what the bonus would be: the 5x multiplier proved sufficient adding 55M leaving him advancing to the final.

To no-one's surprise, Josh picked Guardians for the final, though this was a decision which seemed to have backfired when Rich got all the way to Cherry Bomb on ball one with all his multipliers lit but he couldn’t make a Super, finishing his first ball on 600M. Josh managed to get to Cherry Bomb on his second ball, collecting the Super and after two balls the scores at the top were close with Rich on 742M and Josh 779M.
Pete had got MB but Dan didn’t manage to find the same flow he’d found on Bond until his last ball but didn't manage to catch up.

Rich pushed ahead on his final ball by increasing his bonus multipliers leaving Josh needing to add another 200M on his final ball to take the win.

Once Quill’s Quest was complete, Josh knew he’d have the win on bonus so decided to go ‘full Escher’ by half completing and then timing out the remaining modes to get to Immolation Initiative for a worthy final win.

IMG_2879.jpegIMG_2875.jpegIMG_2871.jpegIMG_2868.jpegIMG_2865.jpeg

Great day out, lots of games on machines brand new to me so a very good learning experience.

Highlight of the day was actually standing around for 20 mins+ waiting for my turn on Indy 500 while Josh put up 1.8bn on ball 1 en route to a 3bn total. Seriously impressive and fully deserving of the tournament win.

Thanks to Greg and Peter for hosting and organisation, looking forward to the next one.

Simon

Back
Top Bottom