What's new

South West League Meet #2 for 2022

Moonraker

Site Supporter
Moonraker added a new event:

South West League Meet #2 for 2022

A quick note to say that the South West League meet number 2 will be held on Sunday 27th February at K.K. Controls Arcade, Alvington Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0QL

Time 12noon until no later than 7pm when the arcade closes.

It is hoped that the following games will be available to play:

Doctor Who - https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=738
Batman - https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=195
Star trek 25th anniversary -...

Read more about this event...

Address corrected to the correct location...!!! :eek:

Coinless Cavern Arcade, 203 Billacombe Road, Plymstock, PLymouth PL9 7HG

Their website can be viewed at https://www.coinlesscavernarcade.co.uk/

It’s underneath the Anchorage Pub. The pub above does a great carvery on a Sunday but you will need to book direct with the pub in advance if you want to eat as it gets very busy. Their phone number is 01752 916104.

The pub does have parking but it can get a little busy on Sunday’s due to the carvery.

If the carpark is full anyone can park on Colesdown Hill.

Capture.JPGCapture1.png

Hi ,can anyone join in , i haven't been to a league meet before, this is just down the road from me.

Yes everyone welcome, just turn up on the day although if you can let Peter know you're going all the better. Hopefully see you on Sunday.

Mileage, I'm in Havant now, have been round the block and back again.

You added a BSD, is that BSD working? In your signature it looks working but on your site she's folded.

Just an FYI for anyone interested. I've updated the league site now so that from the schedule page you can reach a page with more info on upcoming meets - and for public venues (such as this) there is a directions link.

eg http://www.pinballleague.uk/schedule-info.php?season=15&region=sw&meet=2

It should be a nice easy way to set your sat nav up if you're heading there at the weekend.

Cheers, Paul

Is Plymouth a hot bed of pinball action? Looks like we are about to have a base down there to help with future hospital visits with the in-laws so might become regular visitors. Didn’t see any pins when I was down in the summer but I guess I’m living in hope.

You added a BSD, is that BSD working? In your signature it looks working but on your site she's folded.

It is but really needs a playfield swap and a couple of other minor things doing to it, so it's folded until I have time to spend on it...

Is Plymouth a hot bed of pinball action? Looks like we are about to have a base down there to help with future hospital visits with the in-laws so might become regular visitors. Didn’t see any pins when I was down in the summer but I guess I’m living in hope.
Nothing much local im afraid other than the recently opened coinless cavern ,i have 4 and you would be welcome to come visit ,but i cant compete with Ians amazing collection .

It is but really needs a playfield swap and a couple of other minor things doing to it, so it's folded until I have time to spend on it...

No worries cheers bud.

I wouldn't mind to try the Star Wars. That one on Hayling Island I think needs code, it won't lock the horseshoe loop, death star loop whatever it's called.

Nothing much local im afraid other than the recently opened coinless cavern ,i have 4 and you would be welcome to come visit ,but i cant compete with Ians amazing collection .
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a machine to use at home. I'm local to Plymouth and wondered if many people attend the SW meet today ? Is there a local 'pinball community' and someone close that might do repairs ?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a machine to use at home. I'm local to Plymouth and wondered if many people attend the SW meet today ? Is there a local 'pinball community' and someone close that might do repairs ?
Hi i am local and just got home from a great afternoon my first meet and everyone was very welcoming.There are a few of us scattered about around plymouth 5 including me that i am aware of but i am fairly new myself so there maybe folks i don,t know .Repairs are an issue down here and usually involve bringing some one down from the closest being western super mare but if i can help you out with anything i would as Most things are usually straightforward 🤞(cursed myself now :) )You should get a few games tried out to see what you like as some of the games which get a hard time are really very good.

Hi i am local and just got home from a great afternoon my first meet and everyone was very welcoming.There are a few of us scattered about around plymouth 5 including me that i am aware of but i am fairly new myself so there maybe folks i don,t know .Repairs are an issue down here and usually involve bringing some one down from the closest being western super mare but if i can help you out with anything i would as Most things are usually straightforward 🤞(cursed myself now :) )You should get a few games tried out to see what you like as some of the games which get a hard time are really very good.
Thanks ! It'll be a few months before I can get the machine so plenty of time to try one or two out. I'll look out for the next SW meet in Plymouth but will pop down to "The Cavern" when I can. Good to know that there are a few other folk in the area. All the best !

Correct, next meet is now confirmed as the Arkade in Minehead on Sunday 27th March.

I doubt the South West league will be back at Plymouth this season/year, that said there's nothing to stop the locals getting together and forming a Plymouth league at the venue...???

Back
Top Bottom