What's new

Source for Williams System 7 - 9 Edge connectors and pins

Are you referring to the sockets that joins the mpu to the driver board or did they use a gottlieb style edge connector on some boards?

Are you referring to the sockets that joins the mpu to the driver board or did they use a gottlieb style edge connector on some boards?
It's the Gott style edge connectors. On the display driver board. And I think the pins/crimps are maybe different from the regular molex style I have here?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

If gottlieb double sided style they are well gone,not made in years, and last time i saw pins for sale they were over dollar each,cheaper to buy a jamma edge connector

As @Poibug said. I have seen gottlieb examples where people have drilled the board and put header pins on, then used a right angle or straight header molex connector.

The crimp pins look like standard .156 to me. GPE has the same pins in the connector housing section.

The crimp pins look like standard .156 to me. GPE has the same pins in the connector housing section.
Ah ok. When I looked at mine I thought they were different - will have closer look today. I have those, so if the actual connector is ok I might be able to just repin.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

When I looked at mine I thought they were different
Perhaps your spares are .156 trifurcon which aren't right for edge application. As you say once you wiggle them out it'll be clear what needs doing ?:thumbs:

If it’s the same side connectors that are on firepowers displays like Chris said they are unobtanium I ended up fitting new displays

Dang, The whole plugs, sockets and pins thing can be a pain in the ass.

I cant find those AMP pins anywhere in the UK. Is there not a 0.156 molex plug that can use the pins you bought that can also replace the AMP plugs ?

Dang, The whole plugs, sockets and pins thing can be a pain in the ass.

I cant find those AMP pins anywhere in the UK. Is there not a 0.156 molex plug that can use the pins you bought that can also replace the AMP plugs ?

I'm sick of looking now , just gonna order from GPE.

Or I could go Mad Max and just solder them straight to the board ? ....I won't , tempting though :D

Back
Top Bottom