What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLVED The Getaway HS2 - Traffic Light Issue

munkeyman

Registered
Hi all,

I've only recently acquired this machine, and it's mostly working great, however the green lamp on the central traffic light flickers when playing. It's had all LEDs fitted (before I got it) and I've swapped the LED (including the holder) with a known working one and I still have the issue therefore I'm assuming it's something more to do with either the wiring or the board.

This is my first machine so I'm not really sure where to start looking to troubleshoot the issue, therefore any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Try incandesents in the traffic light and see if that cures your problem.

Unfortunately it's the same with an incandescent.

The incandescent bulb is definitely working as I've tried it in a known working position and it lights up.

I've had the same problem with an insert on getaway. It turned out that the lamp board was twisted. Try to loosen one of the board holding screws off and see if the problem goes away.
After that I'd try to wiggle the wires. See if you can get it to stay on/off.

Last edited:
Thanks @darren_ross - I've just given it all a wiggle etc and now the lamp won't come on at all... seems like a dodgy connection to me. I'm not really sure what to try next, any thoughts?

Remove the plug, have a look and see if you can see anything suspicious. Sounds like a loose wire to me. Check your continuity across the plug

I think I've fixed it, turns out it was a loose wire - applied a little bit of electrical tape to keep it in place and it seems to be stable now.

Thanks for you help.

Just in case anyone else comes in here looking for answers. It turns out it was actually a dry solder joint on the connector to the lamp board. I added some new solder this morning and it's been running fine for 3-4 hours now.

Just in case anyone else comes in here looking for answers. It turns out it was actually a dry solder joint on the connector to the lamp board. I added some new solder this morning and it's been running fine for 3-4 hours now.
Yeah, i like to go round all the solders when i buy a game. They will keep going

Back
Top Bottom