What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

solid state bally bingo

lofty531135

Registered
Hi Guys.

I don't know if you can help me but I have bought a 1994 SIRMO super dixieland solid state bally bingo machine.

It has 2 problems, the first problem is that the shutter will not remain closed and times out on an error and shuts down the game, when I am in service mode I can operate certain states within the machine, I can press a button to close the shutter but the shutter keeps opening and closing, when I press a button to open the shutter it remains open.

I am trying to find out where I can get hold of an opto sensor so I can change the closing opto sensor as I can solder but my electronics knowledge in non existent.

The part I am trying to locate is a honeywell opto sensor part number HOA 97-002, or is it possible to use another opto sensor from another manufacturer.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Lofty.

Hiya Lofty, and welcome :)

Not sure that Bally Bingos are our speciality here, however maybe someone can suggest something.

Checking the Sirmo site, it seems that it's still listed as a "previous" model (http://www.sirmogames.com/belgium/old/6cards/super_dixi.htm)

I do know that some have had success with dealing directly with them, however not personally. Maybe try contacting their Technical guys directly.... their technical guy seems to be available here : a.janssen@sirmogames.com

In past dealings with manufacturers it may take them a week to reply - be patient :)

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the swift reply.

I have sent them 2 emails in the last 2 months and not had one reply from sirmo, I could try them again.

Was it directly to the Tech guy above? The reason i ask is because if it was to a sales address they would just ignore you i suspect - at least if you fire it directly to the Tech guy he may well be prompted to reply... (thats how a lot of Tech guys i know work!). I bet if you wanted to RMA a board at £££ they would be quick enough to reply!!

Hi Paul.

The first email may have been to sales but the second was to a technical guy, I can't remember which one, I have sent another email to that address you gave me and I'll see if I get a reply.

The machine used to belong to a guy in Coventry, and someone from Birmingham has worked on it but the phone numbers written on the machine manual no longer exist.

Yes the guys name is Colin and I have tracked the phone number to Birmingham amusement services on unit 20, mount st business park.

Yes thats the phone number and address, what is written in the manual is "colin - 685- 8589 20 b'ham council business centre".

To be honest i guess - they would have been just the operator. And to be fair, most operators know simple repairs, and thats it. It breaks they either get it fixed by someone, get the manufacturer to fix the board, or sell it on (in my experience). So it's more than likely that they wouldnt have a clue anyway :(

I'll have to hope I get a reply from Sirmo, I did hear they have been taken over by another company.

Thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom