What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soldering Table Idea's

Calimori

Staff member
Alias
Calimori
My original plan for a soldering table are not going to work. The plastering of my new man cave have made the dimensions slightly smaller than I had hoped and I don't want an oversized table getting in my way. The dimensions are 800mm wide and 700mm deep with the depth eating into pinball space.
What do people do for a workbench or solder station? A place to take their parts to clean and fix, a small vice or gripping device plus some helping hands.
I would be very interested in pictures or links to what other people have bought but I fear my small space is going to limit my choices. I am thinking about making one myself. :confused1:

I originally planned to have one corner of the GrizZ Shack as a dedicated work area. Then I filled all available space with machines :rolleyez: So now I just improvise ....the floor, on top of a game....whatever . It would be nice to have a bench/space but hey ....I get by ;)

I originally planned to have one corner of the GrizZ Shack as a dedicated work area. Then I filled all available space with machines :rolleyez: So now I just improvise ....the floor, on top of a game....whatever . It would be nice to have a bench/space but hey ....I get by ;)

Yup - same here - i had a workbench planned in my old gamesroom - and it went to make room for other stuff :( I do most now on my computer table with some anti-static mat down to save the surface....

Sadly, my man cave is an extension to the kitchen. She won't let me put dirty things on other surfaces so I have to have some sort of table that looks tidy.
:confused1:

I am being told that I can't put any tools on the worktop or her new table and she is right. It is too tidy and clean, with too much effort put into it, for me to put solder stains on it. I am thinking of making something.

It is tiny but serves the job but I might need to make it more stable. It gets stowed away when I am not working on it, it is small enough when down to fit behind the chair which gets left against the wall (it is part of four bought for the kitchen table). Unless I am working on something longer term, I try to put everything away at the end of a job so that my mind stays organised. Otherwise it would quickly descend into chaos.

Loft has just been sorted, emptied, dumped, insulated, reboarded, and is now being repopulated with storage containers for added space. I can't wait to go back to work next week. 👅

Back
Top Bottom