What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siting a pinball

Steve Arnold

Site Supporter
Hi all, I have the oppertunity of putting a pinball in a pub to go 50/50 with the owner. I run a small business so can put it through that. Other than Pat testing the machine do I need a licence or anything to do it? It’s nit a gambling machine.

Thanks for any advice.
steve

I’d only advise that if you’ve ran out of space for your collection, 50/50 is a poor deal as you’re the one footing the constant niggling repairs plus any damages and he’s getting away with £1 a day electricity. I’ve an old one in a local computer /gaming shop it pulls about a tenner a week….

Thanks for the reply.
I have 14 in storage at the moment so thought I would site one. It’s a game of thrones so quite new. I when no idea what it will take, was thinking £50/100 a week. It was my suggestion at 50/50. If it does well he said he would buy a nib and run it himself.
Do you need any licence or anything to do it?

Thanks again,

Steve

No licence required but I would recommend getting a lock bar from pinball mania (One that uses the coin door bolts so no drilling). I've had machines turned over a few times now.

Ok thanks. It came with a lockbar so will leave it on.
Just trying the one pin to see how it goes.
Thanks

I Sited games in a local pub for a short while and found it so much hassle for what it was worth..Endless calls out to it for stupid stuff, coin jams, balls getting stuck, people saying they had put money in when they hadn't etc. It took about £40 a week for 3 or so weeks then quickly dwindled to almost nothing. Swapped it out for something else, same scenario, made £30/£40 for a few weeks the held steady around £3-£10 per week. All of that was on a 50/50 split and a total waste of time. I wish anyone siting games the best of luck as its great to see games on location but from an ops perspective, sadly its just a lot of aggro for not a lot of cash.

Back
Top Bottom