What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silicone or Rubber?

Silicone or Rubber

• Silicone

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Rubber

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Alpha1

Site Supporter
Alias
Alpha1
I like silicone on my games to stop perished rubber dust crap.

Who thinks this should be standard on certain expensive collector NIBs?

What's everyone else think?

100% agree. Silcone that doesnt have all the cr*p stuck to it is so much better. I litterally put new rubbers on my pins flippers last week ahead of the league meet here that saturday and all of them need a good clean already. Some of the slingshots are silicon that have been on for donkeys and look the same as they did when I bought them.

Last edited:
I like silicone on everything except post sleeves. Standard on nib? Not sure, locations and top players probably prefer regular rubber.

Prefer silicone for the reasons stated, however the extra bounce can transform a game. Family Guy which is one of the easiest Pins out there; with established rubber on I could regularly achieve 150m+ scores. With the extra bounce, lessened grip and speed of ricochets from new titans I’ve had on since Pinfest, theres not been too many games in excess of 50m.

As a newbie to pinball, I have just changed my ehoh and cactus le and used titans, I prefer them and find it much easier, the big difference for me is the titan low bounce flippers and has given me a lot more control, also I went for translucent which lets a bit more light onto the playfield by the slings

Silicone for me please - cleans up easier but flippers wear more on ends and need rotating regularly

As a newbie to pinball, I have just changed my ehoh and cactus le and used titans, I prefer them and find it much easier, the big difference for me is the titan low bounce flippers and has given me a lot more control, also I went for translucent which lets a bit more light onto the playfield by the slings
Yeah I agree that Titans definitely seem to have less bounce. When I first got my IJ it had an unknown brand of silicone rubbers fitted and the bounce on the flippers was crazy compared to my other games.

Back
Top Bottom