What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Shooting or driving cab fully working

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
I've built a playroom/ shed at the end of the garden that I'm theming as a pub and for a bit of variety as well as several pins I think a shooting or driving cab could be fun. Ideally 2 person and ideally shed loads cheaper than a pin.

Opinions and offers welcome.....

Cheers, Jon

Are you on UKVAC? Put a wanted ad on their.

You should be able to find a 2 player sit down pretty easily.

Are you on UKVAC? Put a wanted ad on their.

You should be able to find a 2 player sit down pretty easily.
Not a member there but thanks for the heads up. Ideally I'd like to stick with this forum first as I know people here but I'll bare ukvac in mind if nothing comes up. Cheers

I have a Sega Rally mk1 twin racer in storage if that's something you might be interested in.
I'd be looking for around 1k for it.
D.

Also have a Sega Daytona pod single racer that's also being stored with the Rally.
Same price.

If I was doing something similar I would much rather go with a modern racing cockpit connected to a PS4/XBOX/PC.

Easier to move, huge choice of games, better graphics/sound, more reliable and upgradeable, connect to the internet, maybe even cheaper than a Cab depending on what spec' you want e.g. 3 screens etc.

Lots of choice depending on your budget.

605x590 Pro Simulation Cockpit-0-1-1-605x590-min-605x590.jpg

If I was doing something similar I would much rather go with a modern racing cockpit connected to a PS4/XBOX/PC.

Easier to move, huge choice of games, better graphics/sound, more reliable and upgradeable, connect to the internet, maybe even cheaper than a Cab depending on what spec' you want e.g. 3 screens etc.

Lots of choice depending on your budget.

View attachment 78475
Wow. Ok that's a real curve ball I hadn't considered! I have a ps4 and Xbox 360 so I'll also look into this as a serious option, thanks for the heads up!

You want a bit of both mate.
You can pick up old sega racer cabs pretty cheap as they seem to be dying by the day at the moment.
Stick a pc in it with a logitech steering wheel and some emulators and you can have all the great arcade racers in one.
Plenty of vids on YouTube with them.
A guy called Retro repair did one which used the original wheel but that's a little more complicated.

If you wanted to not use a pc with emulators, a cheap alternative is a backwards compatible ps3. You can play all the ridge racers, sega rally, daytona USA, initial d, virtual racing and best of all Outrun2.
Well worth doing a bit of research.
The racing cabs are great but for every one you see fully working, there's 5 with knackered boards. Especially daytona 2's

was it just the cockpit you got and bought all the screens, gear sticks, pedals and the rest from elsewhere ie Logitech?
Mine is a very simple setup. I've got a Logitech G29 wheel with gear stick & pedals attached to a wheel stand, and a separate gaming chair. My monitor is just sat on a regular desk so I can easily move the wheel stand when I need to sit at my PC.

If I was more serious about racing sims I would consider a cockpit, but you really need the dedicated space. You could sell a Pin and put a cockpit in its place which would probably work out a lot cheaper!

IMG_20181020_215642603.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 15.15.46.png

SIM RACING:
I have a sim rig... Motion actuators, butt kickers (bass shakers) x 6 - they are linked to game data for bumps, revs etc not audio channels., 28n force osw wheel HE pro pedals, speed controlled blowers, VR and many button boxes and wheel rims - its like real life, and you need to join Iracing, and do a proper season, its unbelievable.
Takes lots of training to be good, and dedicated time to run seasons - that can be the down side.
3 screens has been and gone...VR all the way you'll never look back, BUT YOU CAN.

ARCADE RACING
With mates you can't beat it, I ended up with a fair few twin sega racers and one deluxe.
Quick boot and you're in. Competitions are easy, the arcade saves the scores, so no mess around or instructions to give people! They all appear on screen.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A MACHINE...
I have a Aim for Cash Gun game by Namco. Its point Blank 2, but with cash prize. But also has free play.
The guns are supposed to recoil, but the resistors burns out on side of solenoid that need replacing, apart from that it is working.
The guns alone can cost £120-£200.
This machine has fetched £650-£1000 on ebay in last 6 months, but I picked mine up at a good price of £550, and when I get it out to sell I'm looking at just getting money back.
Only reason I am not keeping is I was collecting mainly Sega stuff, and have a House of The dead and VC2 that took its place.

Unknown.jpg

(not mine but a example of the cab)

Advantage and why people like these, is they fit through a door, and the sega and point blanks don't)

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
View attachment 78507
SIM RACING:
I have a sim rig... Motion actuators, butt kickers (bass shakers) x 6 - they are linked to game data for bumps, revs etc not audio channels., 28n force osw wheel HE pro pedals, speed controlled blowers, VR and many button boxes and wheel rims - its like real life, and you need to join Iracing, and do a proper season, its unbelievable.
Takes lots of training to be good, and dedicated time to run seasons - that can be the down side.
3 screens has been and gone...VR all the way you'll never look back, BUT YOU CAN.

ARCADE RACING
With mates you can't beat it, I ended up with a fair few twin sega racers and one deluxe.
Quick boot and you're in. Competitions are easy, the arcade saves the scores, so no mess around or instructions to give people! They all appear on screen.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A MACHINE...
I have a Aim for Cash Gun game by Namco. Its point Blank 2, but with cash prize. But also has free play.
The guns are supposed to recoil, but the resistors burns out on side of solenoid that need replacing, apart from that it is working.
The guns alone can cost £120-£200.
This machine has fetched £650-£1000 on ebay in last 6 months, but I picked mine up at a good price of £550, and when I get it out to sell I'm looking at just getting money back.
Only reason I am not keeping is I was collecting mainly Sega stuff, and have a House of The dead and VC2 that took its place.

View attachment 78505
(not mine but a example of the cab)

Advantage and why people like these, is they fit through a door, and the sega and point blanks don't)
Wow that's one helluva rig! Yeah I'm leaning towards console with a driving rig by the look of things, I have a ps4 so vr is also possible.

Thanks for all the info, I think vr shooting may also be the answer but none of this helps my arcade feel I want to give the pin shack, maybe 2 driving seats side by side, I think @ianw has done that, Ian is one console running 2 tv's and 2 controls or do I need 2 consoles connected? Maybe 2 cheap ps3 connected would be a start?

Still think point blank or vc or something like that would be fun if not too pricy, size isn't an issue as got French doors into shack.

Wow that's one helluva rig! Yeah I'm leaning towards console with a driving rig by the look of things, I have a ps4 so vr is also possible.

Thanks for all the info, I think vr shooting may also be the answer but none of this helps my arcade feel I want to give the pin shack, maybe 2 driving seats side by side, I think @ianw has done that, Ian is one console running 2 tv's and 2 controls or do I need 2 consoles connected? Maybe 2 cheap ps3 connected would be a start?

Still think point blank or vc or something like that would be fun if not too pricy, size isn't an issue as got French doors into shack.

2 Xbox's connected online

I clicked on this and was about to say I have a modern Namco (2007) sit down racer that I might let go, but I think maybe you're sold on the PC based setup (if not PM me). I do have an Operation Wolf 3 game that I just sold for £350 (pending collection) which I can recommend as its half the price of point blank and has a shooting gallery (point blank style) as a bonus level so gives you full shooting game as well as the fun parts of point blank - plus its 2 player. I think my price to the seller was decent but you are likely to get others selling at just above that price point on ukvac. Time Crisis and Point Blank are both really desirable so the price reflects that and are on average around the £600 mark. To be honest though, I was always a video game guy in the 90s but now that I have some really nice pinball machines as well as video games at home, I find I play the pinballs more than anything .

I have a Sega F355 Challenge and a Sega Rally 2, both sit down twins, absolutely ace, complement pinball machines and give a little variety, downside is there huge, one twin takes the space of two pins, their noisy as there riddled with fans, and their huge, have I mentioned that ;)

Mine are both standard, reliability isn’t really so bad but some parts are quite pricey and getting harder to find, I’m always on the lookout for spares for the come in hand draw, as if you buy when you need you will possibly be paying more and possibly have a lengthy wait to find what you’re looking for.

If you don’t find what you want here you should try UKVAC, very similar helpfull group as on here IMO.

Buy one, you won’t regret it.

Chris.

I modded a broken sega rally cab to play PS3/PC etc and absolutely love it. Did it about 8 years ago and play it lots with my son.

Very nice set up there mate.
I really miss Gti club. It was a crime when they removed it from the ps store.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I have a few leads to follow at the moment, UK Vac looks like another top bunch of like minded people so I'll get myself on there aswell, looks like the new games room is gonna get filled pretty quickly!!

Thanks for all the comments guys, I have a few leads to follow at the moment, UK Vac looks like another top bunch of like minded people so I'll get myself on there aswell, looks like the new games room is gonna get filled pretty quickly!!
Say hello and I'll say hello back lol :)

- Ben

I have a single Sega sit down driver shell ie no boards or monitor but adjustable seat steering wheel pedals coin door . Selling as a MAME project

£175

20190120_174521.jpg

I’ve got one of these that I don’t use anymore not this one but the same, all you’d really need is a seat? This is wireless and works with a PC or PS3
Why not just buy yourself the biggest second hand television you can and have a console corner? Lots of options and you could also have footy/sports on?

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit for PC and PS3

Looks great! But thats my concern with the older ones falling appart and only half working. The ps3 and a steering wheel/chair rig option looks best for maintenance and buget but doesn't have the wow factor or the nostalgia of a proper arcade 2 person cab! Ohhh decisions. Anyway the VAT man is looming early Feb so all unnecessary spending is on hold for a bit :(

GTI Club for me, it was the first game I had seen with a handbrake and where you could take shortcuts. Only one side of mine works at the moment. :(

View attachment 78579
Gti club is such a great game but sadly the arcade machine is a hard purchase. You just have to look at them funny and they stop working.
I'm sure there was one being given away not to long ago with two knackered boards.

I remember playing it for the first time back around 94 I think. The handbrake was just so mind blowing. As a ten year old who dreamed of driving, it was amazing.

Gti club is such a great game but sadly the arcade machine is a hard purchase. You just have to look at them funny and they stop working.
I'm sure there was one being given away not to long ago with two knackered boards.

I remember playing it for the first time back around 94 I think. The handbrake was just so mind blowing. As a ten year old who dreamed of driving, it was amazing.

Both sides worked fine when I got it which was a miracle considering how dirty it was. Cleaned the whole cab inside and out then one stopped working. Maybe the dirt was holding it together! I have the roms which have an error but need someone to fit them as I’m not that capable. I offered more than I bought the whole machine for to a guy on ukvac for just the boards but he never got back to me unfortunately...

Back
Top Bottom