What's new

Shine Charity Pinball Comp - Saturday Jan 18th

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
I will be hosting a pinball competition at the Pipeline bar in order to raise money for Shine, the charity that my daughter Katie is registered to on January the 18th. Entry is by way of a £20 donation to Shine via my Just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Shed4Shine (please add your name and pinball entry to the text. All registered players will be listed on www.surreypinball.co.uk shortly. We shall be bringing extra machines in for the weekend and holding a main and side competition earning WPPR points. There will also be a charity raffle so if you can donate any prizes (or are interested in sponsoring trophies for the winners) please contact me via this forum. I am also dieting from Jan 1st until April 1st to raise additional funds, so don't be surprised if i start waving sponsorship forms in your face! This is also my birthday weekend, so a late night drink may be on the cards. (which alcoholic drinks are good for a diet?)

Matt

Great idea Matt and a great cause , gonna check with the keeper of the diary and hopefully make it up to this one.... Best drink for diets is coors light for your beer fix and jack and diet coke or vodka and diet coke :)

Sounds awesome dude but I can't make this one as I'm out of the country for work again. Sponsored you though

Nice one Matt.:) Coughed up the registration fee and I'll happily give you sponsorship money in Jan. Might have to have an official weigh in first though. Do you have a target weight loss in mind?

I cant make it to the pipeline but Ive made a donation. Hope you hit your target not only is it for a good cause but loosing 3 stone will make you feel a hell of alot better, good luck dude

Nice one Matt.:) Coughed up the registration fee and I'll happily give you sponsorship money in Jan. Might have to have an official weigh in first though. Do you have a target weight loss in mind?

My target is to lose 3 stone, but its winter, so avoiding pies will be tough!!

Just a quick update, I weighed in on Wednesday (25 st 4 lb) and have been hungry ever since!!

A big thank you to everyone that has sponsored me and/or entered the comp by making a donation, there is still time to sign up here http://www.justgiving.com/Shed4Shine for the charity pinball comp.

I would also like to thank David (dmcefc@hotmail.com) for putting a couple of his printed T-shirts into our charity raffle.

Nice one Matt, really Looking forward to this
Managed to convince jess I need to go, no easy task as the weekend before I am in Prague on a stag do :)

Many thanks to Greg Mott for donating 3 more pinball shirts to the raffle!! It should be a good one!

With the weekend fast approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to let you know what we have in store for you on Saturday!!

We have the Shine Charity Pinball Comp (sponsored by Pinball Heaven) which will consist of players choosing 6 machines to play from a bank of 8. The top 16 will qualify for the knock-out stages with the top 3 all receiving trophies and prizes as well as the best female and Junior players.

We will also be holding a side competition on Stern's latest offering Star Trek! This will be a high score style format with each entrant getting a turn to post their score. However, additional attempts may be made at improving your score via a £1 donation to the charity fund. Only each players best score will count and this comp will run until the finish of the main competition. There will be trophies for the top 3 scores.

The machines at the event will be:

Star Trek
Family Guy
AC/DC Premium
Monster Bash
Attack from Mars
Fish Tales
Twilight Zone
World Cup Soccer
Judge Dredd
Road Show
Getaway - High Speed 2
BS Dracula
Addams Family

Plus a couple more if i have time to make another trip!! This means that there will be machines available on free play for those finished in the comps or just looking to have a bit of practice. Also, after the completion of the comps, raffle draw and prize giving all of the machines will be left on free play for the rest of the evening. (these will also be the machines used for the London & SE league meet on the Sunday)

Thanks to the generosity of people within the community, we have a great selection of raffle prizes available too, so it should be a great day!

If you haven't already registered for this event, you can do so by donating £20 to the Shine charity here: http://www.justgiving.com/Shed4Shine Under16's are free as are those registered with the charity! If you are unable to make a donation online, please feel free to attend on the day and pay at the door.

The event starts at Midday at the Pipeline bar, Middlesex Street, London, E1 7DA.

We would like to thank everybody involved this weekend for contributing so generously to the Shine charity!

You have helped raises almost £2000 for this great cause and we shall continue to raise funds throughout the year, if you would like to contribute, you can here: http://www.justgiving.com/Shed4Shine

With so many contributions from so many people, I shall refrain from thanking every individual for fear of forgetting someone (and i'm shattered and starved!).But I will mention, Pinball Heaven, Electrocoin, Automatic Machine Services, Pinball LED, Gozmod, Pinball News, The Gameroom Journal and of course The Pipeline, as i believe that these brands and companies deserve reward for supporting pinball shows in the UK and also being so charitable!

We would also like to say a special thank you to Justin for all his tireless effort and support.

And so to the pinball!

Congratulations to Ivan Miles the winner of our main competition, to Robin Kemp our runner-up and Peter Blakemore in 3rd place.

Lukasz Romanowski won the side competition on Stern's Star Trek, with Johan Smaros 2nd and Martin Ayub 3rd.

Emily Abbey won the best female trophy and Elloitt Miles took the best Junior.

Here are the full results of the main competition:

1Ivan Miles
2Robin Kemp
3Peter Blakemore
4Matt Vince
5Martin Ayub
6Thomas Evrenos
7Leif Spangberg
8Neil Fellender
9Lukasz Romanowski
9Mark Potter
9Craig Pullen
9Greg Mott
13Johan Smaros
13Justin Walker
13Harry Bolt
13Mark Johnson
17Vincent Ratier
18David Mainwaring
19Corentin Bucillat
20Svante Ericsson
21Andy Ball
22Tim Thornton
23Mike Kindler
24Alan Pickering
25Bob Pickering
26Leon Verrall
27James Watson
28Nick Hamill
29Emily Abbey
30John Whitfield
31Paul Denning
32Chris Taylor
33Sam Cullis
34Sverker Nordqvist
35Chris Poyntz
36Sarah Jarrett
37Tim Slow
38Elliot Miles
39David Merryweather
40Bally Hagman
41Pippa Pearson
42Rayne Passmore
43Alex Burn
44Owen Richards
45Chris Horner
46Janette Passmore
47Hereward C-Reade
48Pete Dixon
49Chris Jubb
50Chris Anderson
51Ann Vince
and here are the results of the side tournament:

1Lukasz Romanowski
2Johan Smaros
3Martin Ayub
4Mark Potter
5Craig Pullen
6Bob Pickering
7Justin Walker
8Ivan Miles
9Thomas Evrenos
10David Mainwaring
11Robin Kemp
12Pete Dixon
13Leif Spanberg
14Matt Vince
15James Watson
16Chris Poyntz
17Greg Mott
18Leon Verrall
19Tim Thornton
20Svente Ericsson
21David Merryweather
22Bally Hagman
23Sarah Jarrett
24Peter Blakemore
25Sverker Nordqvist
26John Whitfield
27Tim Slow
28Sam Cullis
29Elliott Miles
30Nick Hamill
31Mark Johnson
32Mike Kindler
33Neil Fellender
34Davind Mainwaring
35Nick Harper
36Jenette Passmore
37Alex Burn
38Chris Jubb
39Paul Denning
40Chris Taylor
41Ann Vince
42Rayne Passmore
43Harry Bolt
44Pippa Pearson
45Alan Pickering
46Chris Bear

Thank you all so much

Matt, Sarah, Lucy and especially Katie!

Congrats on raising so much for such a good cause and being able to have fun playing pinball while you did it.
Well done that man.

This page is private.
Oops! You don't have permission to view this page.

Back
Top Bottom