What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Seeking a pin

I'd open it up and check the connections to and from the start button, follow them back to the board n check they're all secure. If they look ok check the switch on the back of the button. If you haven't already download a manual for your pin.
Not that I've ever worked on a pin yet but as an engineer that's what I'd do, can do this with the power off n check the switch with a multimeter if you have one.
I'm sure someone with experience of pins will b along soon to help.:whip:

lol guys...im still alive...not gonna get into it tonight as I have had a few.Donna finished a game,pressed start to put some more games up,it went as if to start but just keeps going in a loop soundwise,display works but frozen,flippers and playfield no response but lower stoppers move up and down.Tried a restart/power down remove balls dont really know where to go from here other than ebay it lol.I dont think its a connection off the start button Nibsy as it works...but only puts up a single credit now

Nope, that doesn't sound like the start button. Try it tomorrow, put in a post what it does n doesn't do and if it will let you, run some of the diagnostic to see if there's a switch stuck or it thinks it's lost a ball or something. Someone here will be able to help I'm sure.
Until then put your feet up and crack open another can. :couch2:

Nope, that doesn't sound like the start button. Try it tomorrow, put in a post what it does n doesn't do and if it will let you, run some of the diagnostic to see if there's a switch stuck or it thinks it's lost a ball or something. Someone here will be able to help I'm sure.
Until then put your feet up and crack open another can. :couch2:

Okey doke will do cheers

Sounds like a problem serving the first ball up. So check the wiring to the ball serve up kicker , if all ok then fuse may be blown. Running a complete solenoid test cycle should highlight the problem.

When it says press start it only registers the 1st press and goes no further.It wont add a 2nd player or respond to any more start button pressing.As for missing a ball,it came with 3 and on start up said ball missing.adding a ball cured this, although it states install 5 balls..when I do it says too many balls. If I can get it working im going to list it on fleabay today for sale not really happy with it tbh

Hey, these things sometimes happen, especially with them being transported about. If that's the only problem I'm sure someone here will be along to help, failing that after the weekend get in touch with Matt. I'm sure he's reasonable guy and can help you with it. He wouldn't have offered it up for sale here first for more than he got on eBay if he wasn't happy with it and thought his description was genuine.
Is there anything else up with the table or are you just not getting along with it when it is working? It can be a marmite table, I myself love it.

Have you downloaded a manual and tried the different tests? There's usually lots of tests lights, switches, solenoids. That will help narrow things down. Either that or where in the country are you there may be an experienced member local who can help.

Hey, these things sometimes happen, especially with them being transported about. If that's the only problem I'm sure someone here will be along to help, failing that after the weekend get in touch with Matt. I'm sure he's reasonable guy and can help you with it. He wouldn't have offered it up here for sale here first for more than he got on eBay if he wasn't happy with it and thought his description was genuine.
Is there anything else up with the table or are you just not getting along with it when it is working? It can be a marmite table, I myself love it.

Have you downloaded a manual and tried the different tests? There's usually lots of tests lights, switches, solenoids. That will help narrow things down. Either that or where in the country are you there may be an experienced member local who can help.

I am going to try and run some tests now,although tbh I have no experience of how too.Truth be told its not my kind of game I think I prefere a faster more flowing game such as the Shadow I sold.

Well if that's what it is, get it working again, it was straight off site so clean it up, New rubbers if needed. Take some decent photos and either list it here n see if there's any takers or swaps with cash either way or put it on the bay.I'm sure you got it cheap as Matt was too busy to put actual photos up of the pin he was selling so you may be able to recoup all of your money or maybe even flip it for more.
Not that I'd suggest flipping a pin for profit but if you're not getting on with it n put it back up for auction, that's the way things work out sometimes.

I am ashamed to say it...but my wife found the problem...a wire had come unsoldered on the ball trough..resoldered all working again :)
Looking to trade up now tho lol...what ya got?

See it's sorted now buy the lady something nice and hang your head in shame. :hail:

There's a clear ball trough option in the menu to check the switches in the trough and kicker to shooter lane, if you're feeling confident could run that to check everything is ok there now.

Post some photos n list it on the sale section.

Well that awful machine is gone lol...replaced it with a lovely condition and slightly pimped T2.I don't think I will buy a non BW machine again,been disappointed every time .I still have a gap for another tho :)

Well that awful machine is gone lol...replaced it with a lovely condition and slightly pimped T2.I don't think I will buy a non BW machine again,been disappointed every time .I still have a gap for another tho :)

Your call mate but you would be missing out on some very good titles.I currently have only two bally/wms - MM and AFM.
AFM is my fave but my others such as SMan,FGuy,LOTR,G n R all come very close

And older games like MGOW and BHole cost a fraction the DMD's cost but are all killer games

You are probably right..maybe its just plastic ramps that don't do it for me. I don't get to see or play many and have tended to impulse buy. When I bought my Shadow the guy had a GnR next to it...very big and beautiful machine as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom