What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sealing concrete shed floor?

Steve C

Registered
Want to seal a concrete shed floor with clear sealer rather than painting it. The aim being to stop dust with one or two quick coats rather than taking ages painting it.

Just wondered if anyone has already done this/recommendations on what to use as so many products on the market?

Some products I have looked at:-

patio, path, driveway sealer?

concrete hardener and dustproofer?

Pva mixed 4 to 1?

PVA will stop the dust. Id recommend 50:50 dilution.
It's quite counter intuative... less is more. You want the PVA dilute so that it soaks in and then "grabs" otherwise you'll get have a skin of glue which will peel off the surface

What is going to be your floor finish, if your going to tile it then sbr should be used as pva as a reaction with the cement in the tile adhesive. 3to1 2 coats. If not tiling pva will be fine

Thanks for the replies/info.

Going to use pva 50:50 dilution rate :thumbs:

Will one coat be enough or will it need 2?

@Pick Holder - shed size approx 10m x 3m - had previously considered the rubber jigsaw mats but cost and shed now multi use rather than just for pinball so not practical

I would dilute it more than that. I recently cast a fireplace hearth and sealed it with too strong a mix. It never penetrated and just ended up as a thin rubbery film on the surface. Ended up having to scrape it all off and start again. Which was a pain in the ass even on such a relatively small area. Go with the recommended ratio 1:5 or whatever it is.

Last edited:
What is this stuff ?? I could do with it ?
I believe Neil is referring to this product

I use them in the workshop area of the garage and they work really well.

Back
Top Bottom