What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schematic symbols

jacksonsinliss

Registered
Alias
Roger Jackson
I have an original copy of the schematic diagram for a Williams Soccer (Kick-Off) that I am restoring. hile I am fafiliart with schematics, there are som symbols that I cannot make sense of... does anyone know what these mean? A wire terminates or has a branch to "somewhere" such as "TO #14" - see attached picture.
IMG_5436.JPG

I have an original copy of the schematic diagram for a Williams Soccer (Kick-Off) that I am restoring. hile I am fafiliart with schematics, there are som symbols that I cannot make sense of... does anyone know what these mean? A wire terminates or has a branch to "somewhere" such as "TO #14" - see attached picture.
View attachment 235310
I think the bit in brackets is a grid reference to another part of the schematic

You are absolutely right. The arrow labelled 'G-18' has a corresponding label to G-6, which also says 'TO #14'.

I am pretty sure that 'TO #xx' is the name of a unique label 'TO number xx'? 'TO' might be an anagram? I cannot see any significance to the number other than it is unique on the schematic, i.e. it's not a sequence starting at 1.

OK, here is another symbol that is puzzling me. A Circle with a Switch inside refers to the drum (Motor) unit. The number on the right designates the sequence 1, 2, 3, INDex and 4. The letter designates the switch location as Outside, Centre or Inside. However, one symbol has 'IMPulse' as the sequence and '5' as the switch location... what does this mean?

Clarification: the schematic I am working with is for Williams Kick-Off 1957 but I have the slightly later European version called Soccer Kick-Off. I assume the machines are identical other than the minor changes to the Back-Glass?

Attachments

• IMG_5605 2.jpeg
    IMG_5605 2.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You are absolutely right. The arrow labelled 'G-18' has a corresponding label to G-6, which also says 'TO #14'.

I am pretty sure that 'TO #xx' is the name of a unique label 'TO number xx'? 'TO' might be an anagram? I cannot see any significance to the number other than it is unique on the schematic.
Is it a colour code? First number one colour (base colour) and the second number the stripe colour?

Is it a colour code? First number one colour (base colour) and the second number the stripe colour?
I am an imbecile, it is staring me in the face!
Again, you are right, it is the wire colour code. I only had to look at the colour code of the wire that it is derived from to see that it is the same. I was distracted by the 'TO #xx' notation.
Thank you for helping me resolve this brain teaser.

Back
Top Bottom