What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scam alert - beware of seller Boschetto007 on pinball owners

mark9

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Craven
Just a heads up in case anyone was tempted by the ACDC premium or MM for sale in Germany on pb owners, I contacted him for pics and he sent me a video instead, but the vid is one of pinball refinery's ACDC's from 4 years ago.

I deleted my Pinball Owners account last year. The whole bloody site is rammed to the rafters with scammers. No point whatsoever having an account on there. And when you report blindingly obvious scams the site admin doesn't want to know about it. Just avoid.

There are plenty of genuine sellers on pb owners, you just have to be careful.

Would be helpful if people could name any dodgy ones they know of.

Wow, I contacted him a week ago re ACDC Premium at 5000 Euros and he sent a link to loads of photos. I got suspicious when I saw that in different photos there were 2 different aprons and a few other odd things.

I thought it looked too good to be true so didn't respond after that.

Yep - I have had plenty of contact with totally normal pinheads on there ..well as 'normal' as pinheads can be ;)

Sold a pin to a guy in Denmark via the site. Hassle free.

I think just apply the usual common sense stuff and it is no worse than anywhere else.

Yep - I have had plenty of contact with totally normal pinheads on there ..well as 'normal' as pinheads can be ;)

Sold a pin to a guy in Denmark via the site. Hassle free.

I think just apply the usual common sense stuff and it is no worse than anywhere else.
The only common sense you need to apply solder is Don't send pins overseas.:rolleyes:

I've sold games to people in Italy, Portugal and Germany through the site and never had any problems. I've never bought through the site but I wouldn't buy any game unseen unless I knew the owner or had very good references from someone I trust.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

master99 in Germany also looks like he could be a scammer.

What are the signs that make you think he's a scammer (just interested to learn ).

Not 100% sure, but the price for the AC/DC Premium seems too cheap at 5200€, especially as it has a few mods, illuminated topper, Steve Ritchie signed apron etc.

And the keyring on the coin door is from Joystix, which is a pinball distro in Texas. Also his account is only a couple of weeks old. Probably nothing but enough to make me wary and not worth the risk.

I asked for photos and got a few but there is no geotag on them so can't trace when and where they were taken, and Tineye doesn't come up with anything for them.

If it seems too good to be true...... then it probably is! Saw that and was instantly suspicious.

And I've just realised that the pics on pb owners don't have the topper or signed apron that the emailed pics have anyway, so 100% sure now that's it's a scam.

Back
Top Bottom