What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Rocky & Bullwinkle £1500

andy

Site Supporter
I've had this set up all this year after several years in storage and have really enjoyed playing it, but I think it's time for my Vector to be set up now so rather than R&B going back to storage I'll move it on.

It's a great game, unfairly tagged as a 'starter' game in my opinion. New players can easily get into it and it's fun to play but if you look up the rulesheet on ipdb you'll see there really is a lot to do on it as well. There are tons of amusing call outs and great artwork - IMHO the backglass is a mirrored thing of beauty!

This one I would rate as a player's machine / light project. You can just set it up and play it but it would benefit from various things being done to it. Looking down the 'not so good' points below I feel I've been very lazy by not fixing any of the issues...but in my defence it does play well. And I am lazy.

Anyway:

The good:
It all works.
Display strong and bright with no warm up.
Backglass good except for the usual patch on Bullwinkle's nose.
Playfield good apart from one daisy insert is discoloured.
It has the correct undamaged ball launch button and housing.
Plastics good.

The not so good:
Cab is pretty good overall but it’s not perfect and there are a few dings round the corners/edges of the backbox, these are all on black artwork however so could be invisibly repaired quite easily.
The door looks OK but when you look closely it’s had some corrosion and been sprayed black over the top of it, so would need to be sanded down and resprayed properly if you want it to look really good.
The battery holder is still on the CPU board so really should be replaced with a remote one / nvram.
The GI plugs in the backbox need a wiggle sometimes so the connectors should really be replaced.
On some of the metalwork on the playfield (eg the lamp holders on the ramps) there is some white corrosion that should be sanded down/polished. Under the playfield is all fine.
The sound is at a reasonable (fairly low) level when the volume control is turned all the way anticlockwise. In other words you can't turn the sound right down. Occasionally the volume starts to creep up, rapidly rotating the volume control up and down fixes this but at the cost of very loud scratching while you do it! I assume from all this that the sound pot just needs replacing, but I have not got round to doing so to see.
Sound has the usual Data East hum.
Left ramp has damage, largely at the entry and largely covered by ramp protector.
Some switches (such as the hat vuk and left loop entrance) occasionally don't register, adjusting them always fixes this but some new switches / actuators might also be a good idea.

I am in Bristol, collection by Martin would be ideal.

Please PM me if you're interested (please note there is really no need to put 'PM sent' in this listing... :cool:) or have any questions.

I’ve tried to price it at what I hope is a decent price for a working DM machine that needs some time spending on it, but I’ve given up trying to work out prices since lockdown so we’ll see how many people get in touch to judge if I’ve got it right!

ED104B0E-A0DC-47FA-B80B-57922F6F4803.jpeg
F1D664EA-89EF-448A-A595-032A404C9639.jpeg

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

• A59E4073-92F4-4F65-9105-378DE783D304.jpeg
    A59E4073-92F4-4F65-9105-378DE783D304.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 54
  • E623DCB7-B2F3-443A-A8EF-54296878797C.jpeg
    E623DCB7-B2F3-443A-A8EF-54296878797C.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 58
No room - otherwise convenient (Bristol) and intriguing..

GLWS.

Back
Top Bottom