What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocky and Bullwinkle outhole problem

Schnaulo

Registered
Hi. After 5 minutes playing, balls stucks in the outhole. I have to wait up to 30 seconds, then all coils clicked, also the outhole coil.
I have changed the micro switch and the coil itself, but still got the problem.
Perhaps someone who has an idea ?
Sorry for my bad english...

Greetings.

Hello,

That sounds like a 'Search', which operates after a while with no playfield activity. It attempts to release a ball caught on the playfield, or in this case in the outhole.

If the outhole switch isn't registering, then note the colours for its wires, especially that of the distinguishing stripe or 'trace'. If you have a manual for the game, look at the Switch Matrix 'grid' to see where else on the playfield those two colours appear at other switches - it's likely that one of them has broken off a different switch, which itself is still working, but the broken wire knocks out any switch using that colour further forward on the playfield.

Last edited:
Hello,

That sounds like a 'Search', which operates after a while with no playfield activity. It attempts to release a ball caught on the playfield, or in this case in the outhole.

If the outhole switch isn't registering, then note the colours for its wires, especially that of the distinguishing stripe or 'trace'. If you have a manual for the game, look at the Switch Matrix 'grid' to see where else on the playfield those two colours appear at other switches - it's likely that one of them has broken off a different switch, which itself is still working, but the broken wire knocks out any switch using that colour further forward on the playfield.

Thanks, man !
Following the wires from the switch matrix, I found a broken cable at the small target "O" at 26. Fixed it !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20181105_164035776.jpg
    IMG_20181105_164035776.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 11
That's good,

I once got into work on a Monday and had to go straight out to a location where a Terminator 2 had a similar problem, which had occurred over the weekend. It took me longer to correct my colleagues' attempts to repair this (he'd connected a replacement outhole switch wrongly) than to re-attach the actual break, on one of the three red static targets in the centre of the playfield. Like this instance, they get a terrible battering

Back
Top Bottom