What's new

Rock Tumblers

jack burton

Registered
Had a look but couldnt see a thread about these.

Thinking about getting one. For all the small pieces of metal. Does anyone here have one? Any tips or recommendations?

Crushed walnut shell - available from amazon, and maybe a small squirt of Autosol. They're a bit of a waste of time in my opinion though (I had one and sold it), but I know others use theirs a lot.

By the way, try a search for 'tumbler' and you should find a lot of posts with experiences using them. Don't be fooled into thinking that you will get your stuff anywhere near as shiney as @Nedreud's pictures though, no matter what tools or techniques you employ. He uses magic.

Last edited:
Just looking around now. Seems they get mixed reviews.

Say I could be better off investing in a good polishing wheel first? Seems like the bit of work yeilds a far better result.

Thats the one i have.

Ben your local gun/hunting shop might have them. they are used for polishing up used shell cases before refiling and reusing

I can lend you mine if you want to try it before buying ?

Thats the one i have.

Ben your local gun/hunting shop might have them. they are used for polishing up used shell cases before refiling and reusing

I can lend you mine if you want to try it before buying ?

I must look into that, think theres 2 gun shops down here.

Ah thanks Ian, i might aswell pick up one sure. I have a good few non pinball things Id like to get cleaned up so be worth getting one

Back
Top Bottom