What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Robot Pinball Machine 1985 Retro Coolness

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
Lovely condition Robot machine brought from this forum in April, I really like this game and it was going to be staying around for a while but recent purchases have meant it’s on the chopping block.

Really fun game. The only time I have ever seen/played one was at the NLP years ago so when this turned up I had to have it. Really cool robots that pop up out of the playfield for you to knock down. It’s like whack-a-mole in a pinball machine. Knock the little sods down 3 times to defeat them!

You can view this actual game being played here

The cabinet is in (I think) great condition for its age, quite a few scratches and marks as with any machine of this age but looks mint from 100 meters on a galloping horse.

Playfield is good with the usual fantastic bright and funky Zaccaria art work. Mylar over most areas have saved it over the years. This has bubbled in a few places but does not affect the ball in any way.

Really nice back glass and vacuum forming on the light board.

Comet LED lamps fitted throughout the game which really make this game pop. I understand from the previous owner these cost around £300!!

Recent new rubbers have been fitted and all plastics are good.

Boards are all perfect, I understand they have previously been given a check over and a remote battery holder has also been fitted. All the displays are perfect.

Copy manual included.

Any questions please ask. Viewing (In sunny Elmer, PO22 6JL) is encouraged. Martin knows where I am and is here far too often.

£1800 firm please

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG

Beautiful game if I do say so myself. Would have bought it back if I had the funds.
GLWTS, just to mention the whole top playfield was recently stripped by Majestic pinball & all new rubbers fitted. Probably hasn’t had more than a hundred games since.

Look at all those colour matched insert LED’s & beautiful cool white glow. What a beaut!

Hello,

I could not find anything on Pinside about this machine. There is no record of being sold, even in the archives. I am only concerned about sourcing parts, if it goes wrong. Are they hard to find?

What does the "vacuum" word mean in that context?

Can the Mylar bubbles be fixed?

Cheers

Hello,

I could not find anything on Pinside about this machine. There is no record of being sold, even in the archives. I am only concerned about sourcing parts, if it goes wrong. Are they hard to find?

Cheers

Hello,

Cheers

They're just rare. I've got two Zacs and they're really reliable when working properly. Vacuum formed probably refers to the plastics which were a unique Zac thing. They used them on Playfields but also some backglasses have plastic art which is vacuum formed which gives it a unique and very cool look.

I wouldn't worry about mylar bubbles. I was stressing about them on my bk2k before it came but once it's on you don't notice them.

And sod Pinside, IPDB for the win😁

If there's any issues we have the wonderful @Zaccaria Keith on this forum who is very helpful with any Zac issues.

Also @MajesticPinball did a full service cleanup rerubber etc whatever you call it on this Robot a year or two ago so it's been in good hands so should be bullet proof

Sorry for the slow reply, as David mentions above its the vacuum formed plastic behind the back glass and yes I believe the boards etc have had a good going over prior to my ownership.

Still not sure about letting it go, it looks fantastic and is great fun but the usual space issues.

Back
Top Bottom