What's new

RFM PC repair?

Craig Elder

Registered
Anyone out there who's not a million miles from Chesterfield who can visit me to repair a RMF? It needs a CMOS battery swap and has a cheksum error. Nothing physical, it's all PC, but I'm a technical doofus to don't want to take anything apart coz I 100% would't get it back together again! Also needs the backbox looking at, the lights don't flash as brightly as they should. Wanting it ready to sell with no faults. I can send pics of the error messages. Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone out there who's not a million miles from Chesterfield who can repair a RMF? It needs a CMOS battery swap and has a cheksum error. Nothing physical, it's all PC, but I'm a technical doofus to don't want to take anything apart coz I 100% would't get it back together again! Also needs the backbox looking at, the lights don't flash as brightly as they should. Wanting it ready to sell with no faults. I can send pics of the error messages. Thanks.

You can send the original computer to me or drop it off and I can take a look at it. I’m in Pudsey near Leeds

Cheers Jim

I'm sure it comes out the back door? If you own a pin you need to be a bit more hands on!

Maybe a near by member can help?

It lifts out very easily. Remove the picture glass, lift up the front of the computer box, pull it forwards til it stops and unplug the cables at the side and front. Lift the box clear of the runners and unplug the power cord ( you could do this via the rear door in advance )

It lifts out very easily. Remove the picture glass, lift up the front of the computer box, pull it forwards til it stops and unplug the cables at the side and front. Lift the box clear of the runners and unplug the power cord ( you could do this via the rear door in advance )
Looks like it's bolted to the roof of the cab, cables everywhere, and I can't get the front glass out even if I wanted to try. That's why I'm posted in the first place, looking for someone with the know-how to come out and sort it, ready for sale.

Back
Top Bottom