What's new

RFM Fiippers stop start working during game play ?

carl lawrence

Site Supporter
Ok as the title says !! They where working perfectly before I did a full strip down above and below the playfield in which I changed all the coil sleeves .Not done a complete flipper rebuild as still like new but did change the eos switches and could do with new flipper bushes .
only have a op manual so I am guessing a bit on voltage reading etc .All coils read about 23-25v including the flippers ,did think they should be 50v but when thay work they make the shoots easily .
All connection to coils feel good nice and tight , so I pulled out the playfield to look at the drive board at the bottom of the cab FH104 led number 4 is not lit , is that correct ?
pulled Out that fuse and the fuse is ok ! The test point which says 50v on the board only reads 23v on it Is this correct ?
Am I right in thinking this is a drive board issue ?

Carl

Close the door and see if the LED lights up on the power driver board.
Re check connections on coils - make sure the diodes are not broken off.
Yes did this with the playfield out of the cab so I can have easy access to the driver board , thay all light up a part from this led number 4 ?
but I did do a school boy error when I measured the volts on all of the coils .I had my earth point of my meter on the metal strip on the left hand side of the playfield ,thinking it was a true earth :tut:
now have my meter on the correct earth and all coils are 73v

so......

All coils should read 50-70v
Few pointers check coin door interlock switch and wiring make sure all conectors from transformer to driver board ok
Well stone the crows !! You where spot on Chris :thumbs:
one of the connectors on that switch fell off as soon as I touched it ,in fact it disintegrated in my fingers ,so replaced it and all now working !!

thank you again @Pick Holder and @CHRIS B PINBALLS for you help !!

Not bad that fixed in 4 mins
It was a quick fix once you told me where to look ,in fact it tock me 4mins to write your reply .You replayed while I was still writing the thank you reply ,I am do Cr#p at writing things, it takes me bloody age's :rofl:

Ps the wife also takes the p because it takes me such along time to write , I blame my fat fingers myself :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom