What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

revomaze / vaultmaze

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
anyone into these puzzles?

original puzzles:

new ones:

Not cheap but look really nicely made.

I’ve managed to find one used on ebay, looking fwd to having a go.

I've got a couple - the first took me a fair while, the second I've never solved (will have to go back & have another go - from memory, my hands started to ache after about 30 mins, they're bloody heavy)

I've got a couple - the first took me a fair while, the second I've never solved (will have to go back & have another go - from memory, my hands started to ache after about 30 mins, they're bloody heavy)
Cool. i’m really tempted by the vaultmaze set

Blimey - thought £161 wasn't all that expensive, then saw it was 6 instalments of £161! These are my Revomazes

1692302407108.png

OOh nice,

These things are expensive, but I like the idea of the vaultmaze - 19 different ones to make and figure out and then a monster one free if you solve the puzzle.
The £161 is plus postage and VAT - it's for 5 months. That entry level though doesn't get you into the vault for the free puzzle, only the more expensive options do that!
There is a 10% off the 5 payments if you signup to the newsletter though.

Some of those original puzzles were sold at prices well over £1k each !!

I’ve got one of the original blue ones (v1 or v2?)… never managed to finish it! I was next to the guys who make them at a trade show about 10 years ago, they told me why/how I kept failing to solve it but I still couldn’t do it :mad: (no spoilers here though!)

The quality of the originals was excellent, they cost a fortune to make too. I think they made a cheaper plastic range but the metal ones are amazing, so it’s good to know they’re still going.

Thought I’d take a peek at their website to see what all of this is about,. Gave up after a couple of mins. Think they need to vastly improve their displays on iPhones.

Still not sure what this thing actually is.

Thought I’d take a peek at their website to see what all of this is about,. Gave up after a couple of mins. Think they need to vastly improve their displays on iPhones.

Still not sure what this thing actually is.
both sites work ok for me on my iphone?

revomaze is a metal maze puzzle. you have to figure out how to take the central sleeve out of outer sleeve. there are around 25 different models produced 2008-2022 with varying degrees of difficulty. the easier ones are challenging enough with static mazes. the hard ones have dynamic mazes e.g. with magnets & ball bearings. They are collectible and hard to get hold of as no longer made.

Vaultmaze is their new product, effectively it consists of a collection of 19 different revomaze puzzles, but these have each been split into 6 parts or rings. the first challenge is to put the rings into the right order to make a solvable puzzle. the starter pack has 6 rings in it so not too difficult, however the next 18 puzzles come in sets of 3 and so need to figure out which rings match into each puzzle.
On top of that each ring had a code on it and those codes are linked to a numerical sudoku type puzzle and if you can solve that, you can enter the “vault” and receive a “goliath” puzzle foc, that has 18 rings.

So i summary:
1. assemble rings into puzzles
2. each puzzle becomes a revomaze to be solved once inserted into a sleeve
3. use the codes on the rings to solve the sudoku code puzzle
4. get the 18 ring goliath revomaze and solve it.

clear as mud.

Thanks. I learnt far more from that than through their site.
Looks like they could either be fun or REALLY frustrating 😂

Based on what you are telling us about the joy of these, it sounds like the challenge of lock picking. I recommend folks give that a try at some point as lock picking can help you if you lose a key and can also open up new career opportunities :cool: .

Where is the best place to start with these for me but also a kid who loves puzzles but has a short attention span?

I'd go for something by Hanayama/Huzzle - pretty cheap so you're not risking much, and graduated difficulty - avoid Equa, Quartet, Hourglass & Cyclone - Marble & Doughnuts are excellent, though tricky. http://www.hanayama-puzzles.co.uk/ - the website is a bit pants, but has always been reliable.

Siebenstein-Spiele & Jean Claude Constantin do some good wooden ones https://cruxpuzzles.co.uk/ - Pandora Box is lovely.

Wouldn't go for a Revomaze (or Ziggy) straight off the bat.

Looks intriguing. i’m still looking out for revomazes. was interested in this one until the price went bonkers. still a few hours to go too:
View attachment 231488
The puzzle paradise auctions can get eye-wateringly expensive - there's a whole puzzling subculture out there (https://allardspuzzlingtimes.blogspot.com/2023/08/ipp40-part-1.html) & some puzzles become highly sought after due to small production runs - https://cubicdissection.com/collections/newly-released - these sold out in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom