What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrobright old toys

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Just thought I’d share my journey. Harry is REALLY into Ghostbusters, which fills me with joy as, as a child, so was I. When I moved away for uni, my mum threw out all of my toys. Which has always annoyed me and I’ve thought of getting them all back. This has given me the perfect excuse. I’ve picked up a few “job lots” off of eBay, with some pretty ropey stuff in there.

Here’s the progress so far on an Ecto 1 which, to be honest, looked much worse than the photos show.

IMG_9647.jpegIMG_9649.jpeg

IMG_9648.jpeg

Started off with a week bleach bath outside, has cleaned the grime off i would say, and reduced the yellowing especially on the bumper but work to be done. So I am peroxiding in the “sun” today. Here’s where we are at.

IMG_9927.jpegIMG_9925.jpegIMG_9926.jpegIMG_9928.jpeg
IMG_9930.jpeg

Doesn’t really show the yellowing still, but it is much better. The internal “blue” clear glass has had it. So this will never be a minter. Plus broken Cadillac wing will never get perfect and it has a break back right, which will glue but it’s nasty. I bought a decal set, but will save that as have a pretty nice donor coming and hope to make a play one and a nice one out of the two.

Attachments

• IMG_9931.jpeg
    IMG_9931.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
I won’t go again on the car actually, looking ok now for a nice white Ecto 1
IMG_9505.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom