What's new

Retro Refurb Star Wars Decals

Andy B

Site Supporter
Anyone done a Data East Star Wars cabinet restore using the decals sold on retrorefurbs.com?

Seriously considering buying the black version but would be good to know how easy (or not) they are to put on and what the quality’s like.

Cheers

Andy

Not sure about the Star Wars ones specifically but I've heard plenty of good things about their decals in general :thumbs: @PeteB who runs Retro Refurbs is on here too and I'm sure he'll be able to answer any questions you've got :)

We have used plenty of retro refurbs decals, and they have all looked and behaved very well. And translites. Either direct from pete or customer supplied. Very good definition and bright colours. Some of the stern translites are brighter , with more colour depth than the originals.
At new forest pinball we love @PeteB stuff. Recommend. :thumbs:

Cheers for the recommendation.

I guess the real question now is whether I have the cahoonas to do it in black!

While there is a cabinet decals thread going, what are your opinions on cutting back the new decals and fitting stealth leg protectors?

Cheers for the recommendation.

I guess the real question now is whether I have the cahoonas to do it in black!

Tricky one. If it's a keeper then it's no biggie ..... BUT.....in terms of resale it *may* be a positive or a negative. I know I have walked away from buying perfectly good games because they had custom artwork, and I'm someone who generally couldn't care less about the cab artwork/condition :rolleyes:

Tricky one. If it's a keeper then it's no biggie ..... BUT.....in terms of resale it *may* be a positive or a negative. I know I have walked away from buying perfectly good games because they had custom artwork, and I'm someone who generally couldn't care less about the cab artwork/condition :rolleyes:

Good point!

I don’t think my son will let me sell it - it’s one he grew up with off and on through his childhood and now he’s 19 and working he’s even talking about buying it from me (at ten bob a week of course!) so it’s definitely staying in the family so resale value/otential is not a consideration.

Decision made.

I will post photos on forum when I crack on with it.

I vote Blue and better still PeteB has blue on sale:thumbs:

The good thing with this job is that they can be changed later. Personally I wouldn't decal a cabinet unless it was hosed I like my machines original with battle scars (or my excuse for being lazy).

Good point!

I don’t think my son will let me sell it - it’s one he grew up with off and on through his childhood and now he’s 19 and working he’s even talking about buying it from me (at ten bob a week of course!) so it’s definitely staying in the family so resale value/otential is not a consideration.

Decision made.

I will post photos on forum when I crack on with it.

Go black, anyone can buy a blue Star Wars

Back
Top Bottom