What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games Party 5.5 - 31st August - Blackburn

lukewells

Registered
For those of you that don't know, there is a retro gaming party held 3-4 times per year at a private arcade venue in Blackburn.

The venue is free, machines are free to play and there is even free catering. (Feel free to bring beers and snacks and I am sure the host appreciates donations should you so wish)

There are already 6-7 members from here that attend these parties, so there will most likely be a few familiar face should you wish to attend.

If you want to come along, all you need to do is visit

http://www.retrogamesparty.co.uk/events/retrogamesparty55

and sign up to the mailing list. You will receive an invitation to the party by email along with directions / instructions. (Even if you are already coming, please make sure you sign up as it is important)

For those of you who have been before, you are in for a suprise!

The venue now occupies the entire top floor and has doubled in size.

There is even now a dedicated pinball room!

Last edited:
The venue is 1980's themed, with various monitors around the venue playing appropriate 80's music videos.

The venue features primarily early 80's Atari and Sega videogames, but now also features a room of 80's pinball machines

The following machines should be ready to play on the day :-

Williams - Blackout (restored and fully working)
Data East - Torpedo Alley (restored and fully working)
Bally - Fireball Classic (working, not yet restored)
Bally - Centaur (working apart from sound isues, not yet restored)
Zaccaria - Moon Flight (intermittent issues - could do with an EM expert to have a look at it)

Also have a Chicago Coin electromechanical riffle range

Preview of the pinball room

Preview of the NEW videogame room

Retrogames Party 5.25 (April 2013)

Retrogame Party 5.0 (? 2013)

Retrogames Party August 2012

The pinball room
DSC_7245_Medium.JPG

I'll be there, likely travelling with Onze and Arv. Looking forward to it again, it's quite an experience!

Luke, i signed up to the newsletter months ago when u mentioned it to me, but have never had an email or invite :0(
My usual incompitence in form filling i guess

Everyone who signed up should have recieved their instructions / directions email this morning, so let me know if you didnt

Luke, I've got a SFII Hyper Fighting Jamma PCB. Is it worth bringing it along, would there be a cabinet to house it?

We've already got a large number of pcb's buddy, including a couple of SF2's. Will see if we can put one in a cab at some point in the night if there are people up for playing it :)

We've already got a large number of pcb's buddy, including a couple of SF2's. Will see if we can put one in a cab at some point in the night if there are people up for playing it :)
If...if you say. It was one of the most popular arcade franchises of the 90s'. :) In my opinion you can never have enough SF2's.

Yes, i think we should have some sort of Street Fighter II compo..

Don't forget to post lots of pics!
Or even better, a walk through vid (so easy nowadays: take phone from pocket, walk around the hall videoing, upload to YouTube, post link here)

Dans the master of walk rounds vids, as proven by those he posted whilst on his hols. I'm still scarred by some of those though..... ;)

Don't forget to post lots of pics!
Or even better, a walk through vid (so easy nowadays: take phone from pocket, walk around the hall videoing, upload to YouTube, post link here)

Yeah, I've got walkaround videos of all the previous parties on my youtube account, and I posted some of them at the top :)

The party was great!

Thanks to everyone who could make it! We had a great turn out from Pinball Info members!

About 80 people in total at the event.

Here is a video walkthrough

That was great, like going back in time to an arcade in the late 80s. Just the few pins though, and all pre-90s, so this was definitely for gamers rather than pinheads it seems. I recognised a few faces though - drinking as usual.

Thanks for posting this, and congrats to all who contributed to it. Looks like everyone had fun :)

Looks like an awesome event, I'm definitely going to have to get up there for the next one :)

Epic collection. Superb nostalgia trip for kids of my age. Star Wars (cockpit no less). Asteroids, Space Harrier, Outrun, Afterburner, Super Hang-On, Track and Field, R-Type, Ghosts n Goblins.... The list could go on and on. Emulation is nice, but being able to play on original dedicated cabs is just amazing.

Events like that just make me feel amazing lucky to be part of such a generous community.

The event looked the dogs danglers but sadly couldn't make this one :( but been up to my elbows fixing a few games.......dfd strikes again:cool::p

Great night and a cracking time warp to all the things you remember from a time long passed.
Shame I had to leave earlier than I wanted but looking forward to the next.
Many thanks for a great night.

As Wizcat said, such a fantastic and extremely generous community to which I'm glad to be part of. Many thanks to the
RGP crowd for a brilliant evening and super thanks to JMP for hosting the pre RGP meet. :) Watching Andy F complete the Spider Wheel on Scared Stiff was certainly another highlight of the day.

Back
Top Bottom