What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration v Original

Actually your donor machine hasn’t got that bad decals. Mine is completely yellow on both sides with some graffiti too. However I bought it as the playfield is very good and no hacks on boards.
And donor machine is screen printed, with minimal fade.

For more detail and to show how complex these processes were check out this long article!

http://www.flippers.be/pinball_cabinets.html

Makes sense why screen printed cabinets have a different texture as there is a vinyl layer.

fishtales as standard is a decaled cab and screen printed backbox most b/w games are decals the later ones are done with a different process they seem to have a big thick vinyl stuck to the wood and a real cheep decal stuck over the cab mb being the worst
i never use after market decals after days of prep getting the cab perfect whats another £100 fo good decals
i have only ever used aftermarket decals once and they are proper **** shocking color match not made from the correct material and cheep adheasive also much harder to apply then the real thing

I got phoenix arcade decals for my funhouse. They are absolutely beautiful and actually better than original.

They are screen printed so have a good texture to them. BUT they are very thin, so horribly difficult to fit.

The end result is superb though

I have seen some pretty shabby decals kicking around though.

I think it all depends on where the machine is in the house for instance, like if it is a stand alone machine in the living room / games room ,then a faded ,let's say Fish Tales would not make the room look nice ,after all it will be a focal point for that room ,whereas a unfaded machine will set the room off :thumbs:
Now if the machine sits between over machines then faded all the way ,that is until the OCD kicks in :eek:

Back
Top Bottom