What's new

Replacement MPUs

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Alias
HomerRamone
Just pondering options if I cant get the MPU in my Elektra to work. (Whilst I got it as a project theres only so much I can do in this regard)

There seems to be a number of options when it comes to a replacement MPU .

Looks like you can pickup a refurb "real" one for around £125.
Or you can get an Alltek for around £150.
And I saw earlier today thers a "Eurodash" one for around £130.

Anyone any thoughts on these options ?

Just pondering options if I cant get the MPU in my Elektra to work. (Whilst I got it as a project theres only so much I can do in this regard)

There seems to be a number of options when it comes to a replacement MPU .

Looks like you can pickup a refurb "real" one for around £125.
Or you can get an Alltek for around £150.
And I saw earlier today thers a "Eurodash" one for around £130.

Anyone any thoughts on these options ?

Post a pic of your cpu board and what the problem is. I charge £100 plus postage to fix one which includes new game roms. Cheaper than a new altek. All boards tested in my own bally pac-man game to, not just on the bench. Does depend on the boards condition though as to whether its worth it, or if a new altek is a better option.

Cheers
Jim

Here's a pic of the board. The short version is I have 2 flashes. I'm going to start another thread with a summary which will also explain why those 3 wires that look out of place are there - and in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I think however I might opt for the Alltek board - sounds like a better long term solution - after all the board is 30+ years old - there's nothing to say even if you can fix it wont break down again in a few months (Not because there would be anything wrong with your repair you understand - just because.. its old !)
Id like to see it working even if I do get an alltek board !

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 21
Here's a pic of the board. The short version is I have 2 flashes. I'm going to start another thread with a summary which will also explain why those 3 wires that look out of place are there - and in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I think however I might opt for the Alltek board - sounds like a better long term solution - after all the board is 30+ years old - there's nothing to say even if you can fix it wont break down again in a few months (Not because there would be anything wrong with your repair you understand - just because.. its old !)
Id like to see it working even if I do get an alltek board !

Boards looks in ok condition based on the pic, other than the odd jumper wires.

The fault you describe is because of a failed/corrupt ram, though it can be masking other issues and it needs a new battery backup solution for settings/scores to.

If you want me to look at it no problem. If you want to get an altek no problem either, they are good boards, but do go wrong to and check your 5v supply is stable. They are less tolerant with this. Also i'm not sure if the altek multi rom selection allows for the custom updated rom sets available for various bally games (free play setting etc). Think its just stock roms.

Last edited:
I see you can buy a complete set of them. MPU, lamp and solenoid board. I guess the lamp one is worth if if you are wanting to put LEDs in anyway.
Is there a lot of benefit to the solenoid one over the original. I mean other than its not old and will be more reliable. (But is the solenoid driver board problematic as such - I mean the MPU board is obviously more of a handful to repair so... that makes a lot of sense)

Back
Top Bottom