What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready player One trailer!!

Watched it last night in 3D, really enjoyed it.

how are you guys getting to see this film so early?
ok i get Will going to the premiere on Monday night with his Delorean as Spielberg's special guest, but what about you others?
google tells me the release date in 28th March, next Wednesday.

ok i get Will going to the premiere on Monday night with his Delorean as Spielberg's special guest, but what about you others?

I checked the Liverpool Showcase yesterday and it said there was a showing at 8pm, booked it. Must have been a preview showing, there was only about 20 people in the room.

I saw the film tonight. Was apprehensive partly because I’d heard everyone saying it wasn’t as good as the book, and partly because the trailers shown before the film (often a reasonable stab at the target audience) were all absolutely shyte with multiple big gorillas and post apocalyptic nonsense ...... but was pleasantly surprised.

Ok it departs from the book a bit, but not too far. And yes, it was 30 minutes too long, with all that Hollywood last-second-explosion-to-stop-the-hero-pressing-the-button (repeated-three-times) but having said that, it was fun to watch. If you enjoyed Pixels, you’ll like this. 8/10

I get invited to private viewings because I have a few clients in the TV/Content/broadcasting business.

If you enjoyed Pixels, you’ll like this. 8/10

So it was YOU that liked Pixels, wondered who that was... :p

After (only just) reading the book and the limited exposure I’ve had to the trailers etc. Why have they gone CGI with the OASIS avatars?

In my mind the whole point of the OASIS and it being almost real in every sense (barring the obvious physics and magic elements), was through everything he still clinged to the fact that they were his real struggles, by making it a CGI anchor to that world, as opposed to a human one... feels off for me.

Loved this movie. bit different from the book but excellent nevertheless. Loved to see RFM feature in the room at the end. Looking forward to RPO 2.

Loved this movie. bit different from the book but excellent nevertheless. Loved to see RFM feature in the room at the end. Looking forward to RPO 2.

I must get and see this film. Watched ‘moon’ the other day. A great film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen it for the second time, but this time at the Imax in London in 3D, just wow! , what a place. I did feel a bit sick for the first ten minutes until got use to the 3D.

Just back from my hols and read 'Amada' the follow up to Ready Player One.

I must say I absolutely loved it. There were many many great references in there to video games and movies of yesteryear which weren't explained so you either got it or didn't. I got about 90% of them so not bad I guess.

I know some people slated it but like pinball, different strokes for different folks. And of course, you can't listen to @Sgt GrizZ anymore as he sold out when he got rid of the sailor man ;)

Can't wait for the movie now.

Now free on Amazon prime, if you’ve not seen it yet, worth a watch. Although as always read the book where you can.

Bloody typical. I only bought it about a week ago. Mind you, worth watching in 3D.

Back
Top Bottom